We Want You: Can you take ownership, and engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure development within the Team is according to architectural guidelines? How about planning, designing, leading, and executing technical solutions, as well as improvements within the respective Software Development Team? If this sounds like you, then as our Technical Lead, you’d be our technical expert, with a strong understanding of technology, systems architecture, data structures and data sources.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience within a development environment;
- 3- 6 years’ SQL experience;
- 5 -8 years’ C# experience;
- 5 -8 years’ .net core experience;
- 5 -8 years’ RESTful API experience.
Nice To Have
- 1- 4 years’ experience in document stores such as Couchbase / Mongo;
- 1- 4 years’ experience in Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ / Kafka / Red Panda.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked-in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce downtime and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third-party attacks; data protection etc).
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilization during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
Quality of Software Implementation:
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the team to align with these.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution which covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support teams to reduce the development support load.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution that supports modification for future developers, thereby reducing the number of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
Initiative and Innovation:
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and company’s bottom line.
- Technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day to day operational activities to improve the performance of products and systems.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify team members requiring a piece of specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in the transfer of the knowledge.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful