BET SOFTWARE PROPRIETARY LIMITED
1. PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice explains how we (BET Software (Pty) Ltd) collect, use, and process your personal information through your use of this website, including any information you may provide when you interact with us through this website. We will ensure that the personal information provided by you is collected, protected and processed carefully and responsibly.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information. This privacy notice supplements other notices and privacy policies and is not intended to override them.
2. WHO IT APPLIES TO
This notice applies to all visitors to our website and anyone that provides us with information resulting from their use of our website, as we may collect information to provide you with a service or a better user experience.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically and encourage you to check our privacy notice regularly so that you remain up to date on how we process and protect your personal information.
If you have any questions about this notice, please email us at [email protected]
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information means any information about a natural or legal person from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous information).
We collect personal information when you:
- Express an interest in our available career opportunities by emailing your CV through to us using our [email protected] email address;
- Provide your personal information to us when applying for any of our available career opportunities using our career portal (https://www.simplify.hr);
- Send us an enquiry using our [email protected] email address; or
- Send us a message with your contact details from our Contact page
Personal information that we collect may include the following:
- Contact information (e.g. name, title, email address and phone numbers);
- Personal information specifically included in your CV for example identity/passport number, ethnic group, nationality, gender, physical address, date of birth, qualifications and academic transcripts, skills, photographs and visual images (if applicable) and
- Background information (e.g. employment history, criminal records, and credit history).
Other than information required to process your request as noted above, we do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric information).
4. WHEN AND WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 For recruitment purposes:
We will process personal information provided in your CV and related supporting documentation, which is necessary for the recruitment process. In order for us to assess and confirm the suitability of a potential candidate, we may share necessary portions of your personal information with:
- former employers in order to carry out reference checks; and
- third parties in order to verify employment history, qualifications and to carry out criminal record checks (if required).
This is essential to enable us to determine who to offer employment to.
4.2 For legitimate interest purposes:
If you send an email or a message to us, we will make use of the contact information you provide to deal with the subject matter involved in your enqiry. In some instances, we process your personal information because it is in our or your legitimate interest to do so. For example, we may monitor our premises with CCTV cameras to ensure your and our safety should you visit our premises.
5. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The website is only intended for adults over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of persons under 18 years of age.
6. WE ONLY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS WE TRUST
We only use service providers we trust and who have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which we shared it with them.
We use service providers to assist with the following:
- conduct recruitment-related checks;
- process employment applications;
- store information;
- manage our business, for instance accountants and professional advisors;
- provide IT services and infrastructure.
Some of the service providers that we use may be located in other countries. These countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa, in which case the foreign service providers must undertake to protect the personal information of our customers to the same level that we do.
We provide for appropriate safeguards by means of contracts between us and our foreign service providers. By using our website, you agree to not being notified of details regarding the level of protection afforded to your information in the relevant country/countries.
We may be required to share your personal information with regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites and applications and by clicking on those links or enabling those connections third parties may be allowed to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
7. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN ENTERING PROMOTIONAL COMPETITIONS
In the event that you enter any of our promotional competitions, we will collect and process your personal information for the purposes of the competition. This will include communication from us and our partners in relation to the competition.
As we are required by the Consumer Protection Act to announce the prize winners in any promotional competition held, details of winners will be published on our various social media platforms, namely, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This will usually be your name and surname. On certain occasions, we may publish photographs of winners but in this case we will obtain your specific and informed consent.
You have a right to request that your personal information not be published on any of the social media platforms by sending an email to [email protected]
8. REASONABLE STEPS TAKEN TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against the following:
- unauthorised access;
- or other misuse.
These steps include password protection for electronic files, securing paper files and physical access restrictions. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that security risks are identified and addressed.
If something should happen, we will take the necessary steps to minimise the threat to your privacy and we will let you know if your personal information has been compromised. We will also let you know how you can help minimise the impact of a breach.
9. WE DO NOT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LONGER THAN WE NEED TO
We will not keep your personal information longer than we need to unless we are legally required to do so. We take legal requirements, contractual obligations and the expectations and requirements of our customers into account when we determine how long we should retain information. When we no longer need your personal information we will securely delete or destroy it in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) requirements.
10. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and therefore encourage you to check our privacy notice regularly so that you remain up to date on how we process and protect your personal information.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
11. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you . In this case, we may have to cancel a contract you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
13. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to:
- be notified that your personal information is being collected;
- be notified of security compromises where reasonable grounds exist for us to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person;
- ask us what we know about you and request access to such information;
- ask what personal information was sent to our service providers or any other third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you, where it is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you and object to the processing of your personal information;
- request us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process, although this will be subject to us requiring the information for legal and legitimate reasons;
- request restrictions on processing of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information;
- submit a complaint to the Information Regulator. You have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you or correct your personal information. It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request due to procedures that we are required to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity and sometimes changes to your personal information may be subject to additional requirements such as valid proof of residence. Please see below our contact details for our deputy information officers:
|NAME||Mr Suren Rampersadh|
Mrs Chanelle Beukes
Mr Rowan Cross
Mr Adheesh Maharaj
|TITLE||Information Officer||Deputy Information Officers|
|EMAIL ADDRESS||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|CONTACT NUMBER||087 353 8930|
|POSTAL ADDRESS||PO Box 74234, Rochdale Park, 4034|
|PHYSICAL ADDRESS||65 Richefond Circle, Ridgeside Office Park, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga, 4319|
|Document approval by:||POPIA Committee|
|Document approval date:||21 December 2021|
|Document owner:||Chanelle Beukes|
|Document author(s):||Chanelle Beukes, Brenda Jonah, Adila Khan|
|Last updated:||21 December 2021|
|Next review date:||June 2022|