HOW WE HELP
- Make a positive, meaningful impact on the communities in which BET operates
- Empower individuals and communities by providing access to technology and ICT equipment
- Provide skills development and knowledge transfer to ensure long term personal & professional growth and improvement in our beneficiaries’ circumstances
- Creating lasting relationships with individuals, communities & organisations that we support and work with
- Provide sustainable support that will genuinely improve the lives of the beneficiaries and their families and communities
- Provide employment for our beneficiaries and expand the diversity of our Team by creating the best talent in the tech industry through their involvement in our programmes
“We believe that in the 21st century, a tertiary qualification in an ICT-related field is more valuable than ever before. These skills are directly related to our core business and as such we see the need to support and address these challenges.”
CSI & Community Engagement
The BET Learnership Programme was developed to provide learners from partner tertiary institutions with the opportunity to gain workplace experience based on their ICT-related area of study. Learners are required to complete theoretical and practical components, which are a vital part of their course requirements.
A learner-centric plan is being created, which not only focuses on industry-specific knowledge, but also encourages and nurtures learners to excel in their careers in the future. This is made possible through the assistance of each and every member of our BET Teams. Learners rotate to each department within BET gaining valuable training, insight and practical experience.