If this sounds like you, then as our Technical Lead, you’d be our technical expert, with a strong understanding of technology, systems architecture, data structures and data sources.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience within a development environment;
- 3- 6 years’ SQL experience;
- 5 -8 years’ C# experience;
- 5 -8 years’ .net core experience;
- 5 -8 years’ RESTful API experience.
- 1- 4 years’ experience in document stores such as Couchbase / Mongo;
- 1- 4 years’ experience in Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ / Kafka / Red Panda.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce down time and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third party attacks; data protection etc).
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilization during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
Quality of Software Implementation:
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the team to align to these.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution which covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support teams to reduce development support load.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner which supports modification for future developers thereby reducing the numbers of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
Initiative and Innovation:
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and company bottom line.
- Technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day to day operational activities to improve performance of products and systems.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify team members requiring a specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in transfer of the knowledge.