We Want You:
We are on the lookout for a Business Intelligence Technical Lead who will take charge of technical Teams. A Team player that will ensure the smooth functioning of technical operations – someone who will be responsible for helping their Team Members with technical aspects of their jobs. We want someone who will take business growth and Team deadlines very seriously, and typically serve as their Team’s representative to the rest of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in a technical lead role.
- Experience in end-user report development.
- Proven ETL experience using SSIS.
- Hands-on experience in designing, prepping, configuring, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining complete BI Solutions.
- The ability to identify and resolve data reporting issues.
- The ability to create efficient T-SQL objects and processes according to spec (databases, tables, stored procedures, business rules and functions).
- Advanced experience in T-SQL query optimisation, troubleshooting and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL framework.
- Advanced knowledge of the Kimball Data Warehouse Lifecycle.
- Expert Data warehousing experience using fact tables, dimensions and indexing.
- Experience in Table partitioning and efficient data migration.
- Expert experience in creating and maintaining multidimensional cubes using SSAS.
- Relevant management certification may be required.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organisational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with Team Members and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership to the Team through collaboration sessions and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the Team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked-in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies, have a high usability factor, are reliable to reduce downtime and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage, and consider security at its highest level (third-party attacks, data protection etc).
- Drive the adoption of processes within the Team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses, processing times, effective resource utilisation during operation, and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the Team to align with these.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution that covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives, and has been tested thoroughly.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support Teams to reduce development support load.
- Where possible, work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner that supports modification for future developers, thereby reducing the number of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the Team’s performance and company’s bottom line.
- Ensure technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary, work after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Show foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the Team and to the wider group.
- Incorporate new abilities into the day-to-day operational activities to improve the performance of products and systems.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.