We Want You:
We are on a quest to find an IT Field Technician that has a passion for fixing computer systems and networks. An “IT artisan” that doesn’t carry any weapons, but is excellent in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing equipment. We are looking for a lover of all things related to electronics, telecom equipment, network equipment and computers.
The ideal function of this position is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems, including but not limited to voice, data, and wireless network services. The successful candidate might be based on site or might be required to travel to branches within our group and document site-specific infrastructure detail. We are not expecting you to be a Schumacher or Hamliton, but you should be able to get from point A to point B.
- Matric required.
- CompTIA Network + required.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Technology Associate (MCSA) required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working onsite supporting customers.
- Experience with service level agreements and maintenance.
- Experience in networking and telecoms covering Microsoft applications.
Nice To Have
- Microsoft Systems Engineer (MCSE) advantageous.
- ITIL Foundation certification advantageous.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide service excellence through customer centricity to all customers of the Hollywood Group.
- Set up, maintain or repair computer equipment and related devices.
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software.
- Document changes, revision and problems.
- Capture time in the ITSM ticketing system that has been spent on tasks or customer queries correctly.
- Management of ITSM ticketing system aligned with ITIL framework reporting and time management.
- Management of any and all escalations relating to infrastructure.
- Installation, setup, maintaining and training of all relevant systems, hardware, services, networks and software of the Hollywood Group daily.
- Deal with telephone equipment, cabling, all computer equipment and end-user products.
- Network installations and troubleshooting.
- Attend to all service activities (whether on-site or telephonic support) assigned to the technician according to service level agreement timeframes.
- A Field Service Technician is accountable for managing client relations when onsite and for keeping the customer updated on any direct communication or assurances that the Field Service Technician has made to the customer while onsite.
- Provide basic end-user training.
- Responsible for following all company policies and procedures as well as ensuring all Hollywood Group-owned property and equipment is maintained and kept in working order and is always kept safe.
- Troubleshoot and Respond to Multichannel Tickets logged within the required response and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Update Ticket entries with clear informative written English, without jargon or the use of acronyms.
- Log all times correctly and accurately in the ticketing system.
- Update and close off all tickets assigned in the ITSM system and adhere to clearly defined Escalation, Matrices and ITSM RACI.
- Manage technician idle time to ensure all tasks are met as agreed upon by IT Manager and customers.
- Compile technical reports and documentation accurately and detailed regarding the customer site.
- Compile and assist with daily incidents, service requests and change management reporting.
- Feedback to the customer on the status of all unresolved queries.
- Ensure protection of all user’s data in compliance with company policies.
- Constructively participate as a member of the wider IT Department.
- Undertake any other tasks or once-off projects which may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Demonstrate professional skills and a high standard of integrity.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.