PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY NEW APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
The words “personal information,” “data subject” and “operator” in this clause shall have the meaning given in the Protection of Personal Information Act (hereafter referred to as POPIA). “Company” shall mean BET Software (Pty) Ltd (“BET Software”) which is the company to which you are submitting an employment application.
This acknowledgment and consent is presented to you in order to obtain your consent to access your personal information to be used in your employment application for recruitment and selection purposes and where you are employed by us for the processing of your personal information in relation to your employment.
We are responsible for making sure that your personal information is processed and utilised in compliance with the rules and requirements of POPIA, and we therefore undertake to:
- Obtain consent from you directly where possible and to the extent that it is necessary to access, use or process any of your personal information;
- Ensure that you are made aware that your personal information will be transferred to third parties, the identities of whom we will disclose to you, who may require such information in order to support our obligations in either the recruitment and selection process in which you are participating and/or your continued employment if you are employed by Company; and
- Ensure that you have been informed of the purpose of the transfer of your personal information as required in terms of POPIA.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE WILL NEED TO PROCESS WILL INCLUDE, BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Full names and surname;
- Identity number/passport number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address(es);
- Contact numbers (telephone and mobile)
- Disability information;
- Education level and Educational institutions;
- Reference checking;
- Credit checks (where applicable);
- Criminal checks (where applicable);
- Qualification verification
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE (THE PROCESSING) OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
In order to conduct the application and selection process for employment and/or to fulfil our obligations in terms of your employment contract it is necessary for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information. More specifically, you will note that your information may be collected, used and/or disclosed in instances that will include:
- To process payment to you, including accessing financial information to process and calculate those payments;
- To obtain payment approval, including credit approvals and care or other financial approval for payment;
- To obtain information for payment and credit banking history where necessary;
- To compile statistics and research information, including but not limited to for BBBEE and Employment Equity reporting;
- To comply with the law; and/or
- For a purpose that is ancillary to the above and that relates to your employment application and/or contract with Company.
CONSENT AND PERMISSION TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
When you submit your application, you accept notification of our Personal Information Policy as set out herein. We will accept the following as your consent to the current or existing and future processing of your personal information:
- Should you fail to advise us that you do not agree with the Policy and you wish to exclude all or some of the provisions of it, after you receive notification of this policy as contained herein;
- Should you directly or indirectly through an agent or representative acting on your behalf, provide us with your personal information when you request information from us;
- Should you verbally or in writing give your consent be it through a previous consent you may have given us or in the circumstances of an application form or survey or similar interaction with us.
We draw to your attention that in terms of POPIA and other laws of the country, there are instances where your express consent is not necessary in order to permit the processing of your personal information, which may be related to police investigations, litigation or when your personal information is publicly available. Where you share personal information of other parties and co-workers with us you must understand that we will rely on your conduct as consent on their behalf to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in terms of this personal information policy, and you warrant that you are authorised to give this consent on their behalf. We shall be entitled to rely on your actions as being proof of your authorisation. To this end, you indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any claims by you where you have consented to the processing of your information, or by any other person on whose behalf you have consented, should they claim that you were not so authorised. We will not be held responsible for any improper or unauthorised use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time, and should you wish to do so, you must provide us with reasonable notice (in writing) to this effect. Please note that your withdrawal of your consent is still subject to the terms and conditions of your application process or employment contract (or other agreement) that may be in place. Should you wish to withdraw your consent and where the withdrawal would then result in the interference of legal obligations, such withdrawal will only be effective if we agree to same in writing. We specifically draw to your attention that the withdrawal of your consent may result in us being unable to continue with your application or employment contract.
- In order to withdraw your consent, please contact Charlene Snyman – [email protected]
- You are encouraged to ensure that where your personal information changes in any respect to notify us so that their records may be updated. We will largely rely on you to ensure that your personal information is correct and accurate.
- You have the right to access your personal information that we may have in our possession and you are entitled to request the identity of which third parties will receive and/or process your information for the purpose. Please note however, that your request in this regard may be declined if:
- It is too expensive to reproduce the information,
- The information comes under legal privilege in the course of litigation,
- The disclosure to you of your personal information in the form it is processed may result in the disclosure of confidential or proprietary information,
- Giving you access may cause a third party to refuse to provide similar information to us,
- The information was collected in furtherance of an investigation or legal dispute, instituted or being contemplated,
- The information as it is disclosed to you may result in the disclosure of another person’s information,
- The information contains an opinion about another person and that person has not consented,
- The disclosure is prohibited by any law.
- You have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you or correct your personal information. It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request due to procedures that we are required to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity before we can process your request. In other instances, changes to your personal information may be subject to additional requirements such as valid proof of residence. Please see below our contact details for our deputy information officers:
Mr Suren Rampersadh
Mrs Chanelle Beukes
Mr Rowan Cross
Mr Adheesh Maharaj
Deputy Information Officers
087 353 8930
PO Box 74234, Rochdale Park, 4034
65 Richefond Circle, Ridgeside Office Park, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga, 4319