We Want You:
Are you ready to take your skills in web development to the next level? At BET Software, we’re on the hunt for a talented Website Developer 1 to join our Website Development Team. This is your chance to be part of a dynamic group that collaborates closely with our Marketing and Software Development Teams to create outstanding website and content solutions on a global scale. Our commitment to providing reliable, stable, scalable, and secure high-volume transaction systems is at the heart of what we do. If you’re passionate about delivering applications with data integrity, controlling processes, and ensuring efficiency, we want to hear from you. Are you the one we’re looking for to drive our web development to new heights? Join us in shaping the future of technology!
- At least 1 year working in a development environment or 3 years in a digital marketing environment.
- IT Diploma/Degree: Computer Engineering, Software Programming or related.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Experience with digital marketing and software tools: – WordPress, Joomla, PHP, HTML, WIX (essential).
- Experience with WordPress Plugin development.
- Understanding of the SDLC and key website design principles, SEO Principles & SEO optimisation.
- Proven exposure delivering responsive designs and be able to work with UI/UX to optimise layouts for mobile.
- Strong MS and Google Analytic skills.
- Experience using debugging tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the solution is accessible and can be used by people with the widest range of characteristics, capabilities, cultures and languages where appropriate.
- Design, implementation and management of websites. Establish and guide website architecture so that websites are attractive and user friendly.
- Translation of UI/UX design frameworks to actual code in order to define how the application looks and works.
- Work with stake holders to establish the needs, content and strategy for website development.
- Understanding of aesthetics (element arrangements e.g. colour, font).
- Designing of and implementation of new features and functionality.
- Writing website code with development languages, building reusable code for future use.
- Maintaining the balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Producing, maintaining and modification of websites and User Interfaces.
- Incorporating graphics, audio, visual into website based on the project, stakeholder needs and brand perspective.
- Creating tools that enhance the user’s website experience, completing analysis on experience from the user.
- Ensuring websites created and modified are accessible and user friendly across platforms, working together with mobile and Android teams when necessary.
- Routine tests to ensure websites are user friendly (ensuring speed, effectiveness, scalability and quality is always met).
- Maintenance and repair for any website issues or bugs that may arise.
- Conduct audits on websites to ensure that all functionality is working as per the initial design.
- Ensuring the continuous collaboration with Marketing Team to ensure brand consistency is always met.
- Maintaining efficiencies between graphic design and technical implementation.
- Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and best practices.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage projects.
- Managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Trouble shooting content issues and plugins.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.