We Want You:
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Software Quality Assurance Manager for one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa? We have a spot for you on our Team!
We are on the search for a leader who will oversee the QA Team. We need someone we can trust with the responsibility of building and leading a talented Team to deliver world-class technology solutions that meet our business objectives. You must also have a knack for developing the Team through coaching, mentoring, giving feedback and being hands-on with career development.
As the leader, you will be accountable for contributing to the technology strategy whilst working closely with product managers, specialists and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Quality Management, Software architecture or ISTQB advantageous.
- QA Managers must understand the architecture and design of computer programs to evaluate them.
- Proven experience in guiding the development of various test frameworks (inclusive of Automation, Performance and Functional testing).
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance/Testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation/reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Quality Management tools, Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
What You’ll Do:
- Quality Management:
- Develops and implements a quality management framework/system, that identifies and sets appropriate quality standards, processes and parameters for reliable product delivery according to required specifications and project deliverables.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA Team, Product Development Team, and other appropriate Teams.
- Contributes to the creation of test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test data for use during the testing phases of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing software systems/products.
- Identifies and analyses issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends improvements and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Documents and reports issues discovered during testing, and reports issues to Senior Management.
- Leads and collaborates with both Technical and Function testing Teams in building and managing automation, performance and functional testing frameworks to perform complex execution against the product testing scope.
- Delivery Management:
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Working with PMO and Product Delivery (Development, Product and Operations) Teams and Team Members to come up with a detailed roadmap for innovative products that align with the company’s vision.
- Recruits and develops QA Team Members.
- Ensures the Team has the appropriate resources and that members are equipped with the requisite skill required for both current and future projects.
- Team Management:
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of Team Members in accordance with company policy.
- Manages direct and indirect reports.
- Developing a training and career development plan for each Team Member.
- Collaboratively works with Team Members to set performance goals and measures
- Facilitates mentoring and coaching as required.
- Facilitates change management due to changing situations/organisational /marketing requirements.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.