We Want You:
We are looking for a lover of code and all things digital. A leader of the pack that wears many hats. Like a cop on the beat, your role is to set the standard in the workplace.
As the Software Development Manager at BET Software, you will take ownership of our talented Team of Software Engineers. We need someone who is able to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and lead the Team towards achieving a common goal. In leading this Team, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction, as well as initiating, planning and executing all aspects of our bespoke betting solutions.
You will also work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities. We are looking for you to come and create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for Software Development to drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development Teams.
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing Software Development Teams and leads.
- At least 6 years in a technical role within the IT Software Development industry.
- Prior experience ensuring timely project delivery.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to the Development Team.
- Ensure development standards and development SDLC are adhered to by the Development Team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Reporting skills at Senior Management level.
- Prior stakeholder and Team lead management experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, agree and execute Software Development road maps and operational strategies for projects coming into the business in collaboration with respective Team Members through proper documentation, communication and execution.
- Build effective customer-centric relationships through measurements of performance and usage and engagement and involvement with customers by creating clear visibility through strategies and roadmaps.
- Set and achieve efficient delivery objectives of Teams by ensuring there are individual and Team strategies with clear and measurable objectives that align with organisational goals.
- Hold the Team accountable through road maps and individual performance contracts through consistent communication of delivery milestones.
- Accountable for articulating, monitoring, reporting and achieving realisation.
- Development of longer-term strategic thinking, incorporating demand forecasting for products or future projects.
- Utilisation of data metrics in order to make data-driven decisions.
- Identify and respond to situation/organisational/market requirements by creating a culture of innovation and opportunity identification by the Team.
- Facilitate change management due to changing situational requirements e.g. restructuring changes or adoption of new technologies.
- Support and align standards across BET Software by allocating agreed commitments to strategy/ roadmap communication and implementation.
- Maintain product(s) knowledge as well as general product knowledge by being able to represent your product strategy in detail.
- Ensure the established procedures and processes are accurately documented, communicated, implemented, and agreed upon with product and/or project Teams.
- Act as an escalation point for issues and ensure effective communication and resolution activities are in place.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with both internal and external key stakeholders at a senior level to manage day-to-day issues, escalations, and expectations.
- Ensure all operational communications with customers/partners are documented and effectively circulated to stakeholders making use of collaborative tools.
- Engage with executive members or the equivalent, as well customers/partners to ensure collaboration at all levels.
- Engage with the wider business, and if needed, hold strategic knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Maintain and facilitate strategic stakeholder and communication analysis.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.