We Want You:
We’re on the hunt for two dynamic Software Development Engineers (Live) to make waves at our BET Software offices in Western Cape. Your core mission is to craft the digital future. You’ll have to dive deep into the code, fine-tune software for peak performance, and orchestrate those impressive system upgrades. But that’s not all – you’ll also be the go-to expert, collaborating with our valued customers and departments to shape software systems for seamless functionality. It’s a role where innovation meets expertise, and it’s waiting for you!
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience within a development environment.
- 2-3 years SQL experience.
- 1 year experience in document stores such as Couchbase/Mongo would be advantageous.
- 1 year experience in Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ/Kafka/Red Panda would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years C# experience.
- 2-3 years .net core experience.
- 2-3 years restful api experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- BET Software is a 24-hour operation and therefore live support must be available to support same. Team Members will be scheduled in accordance to the above requirements.
Respond to Outages & Failures
- Provide proactive support to peers, Testing, Dev Support and Operational teams so number of escalations to the development team is reduced, thereby maximising development time.
- Provide support to the Dev Support when required during operational events and create or assist with the creation of SOP’s.
- Be available to handle emergency outages and failures for your or your teams’ solutions.
- Perform trouble shooting and effectively resolve issues to increase solution stability and reduce intervention required over time.
- Recommend and execute approved improvements to development methods and solutions.
- Provide quick resolutions to app/system issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain solutions which have completed development and are in the operations phase.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Assess risk and impact of production issues/changes and take appropriate steps to mitigate risk.
Embracing BET Essence:
- We Put Our Hands Up: Take initiative in identifying tasks and challenges that need attention. Find innovative ways to streamline processes and make tasks more efficient. Volunteer for new projects and responsibilities for your own growth and that of the business.
- We Dare to Be Ourselves: Authencity – be true to yourself in your interactions and engagement with all team members.
- Every day is an Adventure: Adaptability – embrace change with a positive attitude. Approach new challenges as opportunities for growth and learning.
- Teamwork makes the Dream Work: Collaborate, help and support the various stakeholders both internal and external.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.