We Want You:
We are looking for an intermediate Software Development Engineer who can design and build software that is stable, scalable, and performant. The successful software engineering expert will be responsible for developing, delivering, and supporting applications, in which data is received from/or rapidly made available to users of the systems with the highest degree of integrity possible.
We’re looking for a person who thrives on solving challenging problems of scale and availability, with a demonstrated capacity for technical leadership, while meeting business goals.
As a Software Development Engineer at BET Software, you will bring strong programming fundamentals and unlimited enthusiasm whilst learning about current and future technologies. Contributing to a wide range of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will become part of an industry-leading team that is efficient at solving challenging problems on a massive scale.
- Degree in computer science or a related field is advantageous.
- At least 3-4 years of experience within a development environment.
- 2-3 years SQL experience (advantageous).
- 1 years’ experience in document stores such as Couchbase/Mongo would be advantageous.
- 1 year of experience in Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ / Kafka / Red Panda would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years C# experience.
- 2-3 years .net core experience.
- 2-3 years of RESTful API experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of key design principles of software engineering
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator(advantageous).
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles
What You’ll Do:
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Providing live support 24/7 365 days.
- Provide proactive support to Peers, Testing, Dev Support, and Operational teams so the number of escalations to the development team is reduced, thereby maximizing development time
- Provide support to the Dev Support when required during operational events and create or assist with the creation of SOPs
- Be available to handle emergency outages and failures for your or your teams’ solutions
- Perform troubleshooting and effectively resolve issues to increase solution stability and reduce intervention required over time
- Recommend and execute approved improvements to development methods and solutions
- Provide quick resolutions to app/system issues, driving stability, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Maintain solutions that have completed development and are in the operations phase
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation
- Assess risk and impact of production issues/changes and take appropriate steps to mitigate risk
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful