We Want You:
We are on the search for a talented and determined Software Development Engineer 1 to be an integral part of our All-Star Team in Umhlanga. This is a game-changing opportunity to learn and perform at your best, whilst shaping the future of technology while broadening your software development skills.
The successful incumbent will contribute to the success of delivering betting solutions on a global basis as the business continues to expand their global footprint. You will develop, deliver and support high transactional volume applications for systems using processes that are controlled, effective and efficient in an environment that supports personal growth!
- Minimum 1 years’ experience within a development environment.
- 1 year database experience or 1 – 2 years server/ client-side language.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
- Design solutions using most appropriate approved architectural pattern.
- Ensure design meets best practices and are Test, DevOps and Support friendly.
- Identify and establish objectives for self.
- Consider all reasonable factors, impediments and obstacles.
- Identify potential alternative strategies and refactor approach for maximum benefit within the shortest possible time.
- Deliver a complete solution which covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives.
- Deliver an appropriate solution which facilitates the accomplishments of specified tasks and objectives comprehensively yet excluding unnecessary steps.
- Deliver a solution in which effective/efficient resource utilisation of system resources occurs during operation.
- Ensure the system logically supports user self-learning on how to use the system with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure the solution accessible and can be used by people with the widest range of characteristics, capabilities, cultures and languages where appropriate.
- Ensure the solution performs appropriately under agreed conditions for extended periods of time without the need for intervention (despite potential attacks).
- Ensure all steps are taken to reduce the occurrence of faults due to misunderstood requirements, design errors, and implementation errors.
- Ensure the solution is durable so that as user volumes and requirements change the solution can evolve over the long term.
- Ensure the solution simplifies support and maintenance support through traceability, and effective error messaging.
- Ensure the solution has high integrity where the solution prevents unauthorised access to, modification of computer programs, data or settings.
- Ensure the solution has a high degree of survivability despite 3rd-Party interventions (attacks, human errors, hardware or software faults).
- Employ logs and records so that actions and events can be proven to have taken place, and cannot be disputed/ repudiated later.
- Ensure the solution is delivered completely and with the additional assets which are required to make installation/deployment as seamless and easy as possible.
- Ensure the adaptable solution delivered is appropriate for different or evolving hardware, software or other operational usage environments.
- Provide proactive support to Peers, Testing, Dev Support and Operational teams so number of escalations to the development team is reduced, thereby maximising development time.
- Provide support to the Dev Support when required during operational events and create or assist with the creation of SOP’s.
- Perform trouble shooting and effectively resolve issues to increase solution stability and reduce intervention required over time.
- Provide quick resolutions to app/system issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Provide timely, relevant and constructive feedback to assist the partner to achieve success.
- Accepts changes to task, plans and procedures in order to align with strategic direction of the organization and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others.
- Searches for opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.