We Want You:
Picture this: being part of one of the largest, most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa, spearheading new automation test strategies and frameworks. We are on the search for a Senior Software Quality Engineer that will create, implement, and automate testing, in support of software test requirements.
As we provide reliable and user-friendly betting software on a global scale, the successful incumbent will work with SQA Engineers and QA Analysts to develop, maintain, and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure.
In addition, the Senior SQA Engineer will execute and report on planned tests, manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems, and develop new test automation solutions as needed. The Senior SQA Engineer should demonstrate innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills – in addition to possessing strong technical and programming/test automation skillset.
- A BSc, BCom, NDip, or relevant degree;
- At least 3 years of technical testing experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach and mentor SQA Engineers and QA Analysts in the execution of testing efforts;
- Lead efforts to review product specifications, and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and detailed test plans and test architectures;
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs, and required documents with cross-functional Teams;
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects and tasks. Develop plans and schedules based on these predictions;
- Communicate and coordinate with peers and senior-level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches;
- Lead defect management and maintenance. Review defects that escaped to the field to learn how they could have been prevented or detected;
- Lead documentation reviews during the product release cycle to ensure quality and comprehensive product documentation;
- Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist SQA Engineers and QA Analysts in test planning, execution, and reporting;
- Attending brainstorming, scoping, sprint planning sessions with developers, project managers, business analysts, and customers;
- Understand how the software works, as well as the business requirements and drivers for the software, and how this would integrate with the current system or framework;
- Strong understanding of the scope of the project, the test time required, and expectations;
- Able to modify and refactor test plans, test suites, and test cases to ensure the shortest test time with the greatest test coverage;
- Complete tasks assigned within the time allocated, and request additional tasks upon completion;
- Ensure all stakeholders are informed immediately of critical bugs which alter timelines or jeopardise the deadlines of the project;
- Assist developers, and support customers;
- Able to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve or escalate issues to the relevant Teams;
- Able to test and lead complex projects to completion;
- Assist junior/inexperienced test leads when required;
- Identify obstacles that may impact project deadlines and take necessary action.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note only Team Members who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.