We Want You:
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Graphic Designer extraordinaire to join our team at BET Software! If you have a flair for creativity and the expertise to manage design projects from inception to fruition, we want you. Your role will involve crafting original artwork and providing guidance to junior graphic designers to ensure top-notch quality. If you’re ready to make your mark and take the lead in the world of design, apply now and let your creative journey begin with us.
- A National Diploma/Degree in Graphic Art/Design or any related creative field.
- Formal training/certification in graphic design, typography, interactive design and visual communication as well as the use of Adobe’s Creative suite of programs or similar.
- Other software tools such Dreamweaver, HTML, CorelDraw or AutoCAD.
- +5 Years’ experience as a senior graphic designer/digital designer.
- Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas.
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic.
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members.
- Be a skilled user of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mindful of client’s needs and the time and costs associated with what you will be delivering.
- Have an active interest in art/design and passionate about the work you deliver.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. InDesign and Balsamiq).
- Exceptional design aesthetics with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts.
- Attention to visual details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Highly conceptual and proven ability to interpret and adapt existing brands into the digital space.
What You’ll Do:
- Design multi-channel creative communications with an emphasis on web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, email advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Solid understanding of responsive design.
- Create these materials by hand or by using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
- Meet with clients to gain an understanding of what their communication objectives are.
- Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Collaborate with existing creative team on integrated campaigns.
- Assist in conceptualising and designing a brand identity and ensure all brand touchpoints are aligned to this identity.
- Excellent knowledge of brand identity systems, typography, colours and iconography to develop layouts, visual treatments and user focused digital designs.
- Ensure all designs are on brand and adhere to the corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- Adapt designs for different platforms as required.
- Select type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Produce drafts for review by clients and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications.
- Designing graphic content, illustrations, and infographics.
- Managing graphic designs from conception to delivery.
- Reviewing junior designer drafts to ensure quality.
- Generating fresh concepts.
- Ability to articulate, present and sell your creative ideas internally and to clients.
- Be current with latest digital designs, trends and tools.
- Collaborate with front and back end developer.
Embracing BET Essence:
- We Put Our Hands Up: Take initiative in identifying tasks and challenges that need attention. Find innovative ways to streamline processes and make tasks more efficient. Volunteer for new projects and responsibilities for your own growth and that of the business.
- We Dare to Be Ourselves: Authencity – be true to yourself in your interactions and engagement with all team members.
- Every day is an Adventure: Adaptability – embrace change with a positive attitude. Approach new challenges as opportunities for growth and learning.
- Teamwork makes the Dream Work: Collaborate, help and support the various stakeholders both internal and external.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note only Team Members who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.