We Want You:
We have an exciting position for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will champion and lead a team of success within the DevOps space. We are looking for a person who is up for a challenge, one that likes doing things differently and enjoys making a difference.
The successful incumbent will work closely with the teams responsible and ensure the final output meets the intended objectives. You are solely responsible for delivering, maintaining and optimising infrastructure databases and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations of solutions.
Your passion for uptime, security and your curiosity to ever learn is essential as you will also be expected to assist and mentor the DevOps Team wherever possible.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science / Information Technology or related.
- A minimum of 5 years in a development/deployments/IT focused role.
- Detailed knowledge of the SDLC and management of software projects.
- Previous Software Development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Resilience and capability to be forward thinking and learning.
What You’ll Do
- Design & Implement CI/CD solutions using most appropriate approved patterns and for single and multi-tier architectures.
- Track monitoring and alerting of downstream operations to identify issues with CI/CD.
- identify patterns/changes post new CI/CD.
- Use monitoring to track changes in patterns of systems performance.
- Share successful patterns for building applications/services and deployments across teams and/or products.
- Be actively involved with roll-back/forward decision making.
- Planning Preparation – Gather Business System Requirements.
- Identify all dependencies, including those which may not be immediately apparent.
- Act based on understanding/findings to reduce the possibility of failure.
- Planning – Participate in Project Planning.
- Working with project managers and developers to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner and ensuring long-term scalability for the business.
- Share operational needs and development forecasts to allow for accurate planning of projects in a timely manner.
- Explain and help teams visualise the end to end flow of software, through DevOps.
- Help Teams get a better understanding of the steps involved to get CI/CD done which in turns brings value to the customer.
- Ensure solution has a High Usability factor, is reliable and maintainable.
- Understanding emerging technologies and methodologies such as microservices, and when to implement them.
- Understand and implement containerisation where the concept of virtualisation not only mimics the digital configuration of the hardware but also mimics the OS and libraries that encompass the entire runtime environment.
- Acquire all the skills needed to use and deploy:
- Server Virtualisation
- Network Virtualisation
- Provide/Create/Document and Share diagrams of Infrastructure.
- Ensure the project management team and management team are informed of potential risks due to unfixed defects or fix defects.
- Develop a continuous automated testing strategy that would ensure testing is performed earlier in the software lifecycle, increases quality, shortens the long test cycles, and reduces the possibility of defects making their way into the production code.
- Assist developers in practising high quality/velocity methodologies such as test-driven development (TDD).
- Ensure that each change is built and verified by means of tests and verifications that would quickly detect any integration errors.
- Recommend tools and techniques that will enable high-velocity delivery of applications.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not heard from us within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.