We Want You:
BET Software is looking for a Legal and Compliance Officer that will develop efficient compliance systems, and work with Teams to implement effective and adequate operations. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with local and international certification boards, regulators and partners. In this role, you will have a keen eye for identifying pain points and gaps in existing policy, frameworks, and solutions.
We’ll require you to keep abreast of the global developments in regulatory compliance, ensuring that the compliance processes, structures, policies, and procedures are developed and maintained in a manner that keeps BET Software commercially agile, cost-effective, and able to deliver at high velocity.
Internally, you’ll collaborate with Commercial Business Units, Software Development Management, and with the Software Development Teams themselves to meet the required legal & compliance business needs.
- Relevant commercial or legal qualification
- Must have served articles at a law firm
- Must have solid understanding of applicable gambling legislation and regulations and Data Protection legislation and be able to stay updated on the changes thereto
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- High-level of attention to detail and organized
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to collaborate across business units
What You’ll Do
- Conduct research when necessary, compile required reports and papers, and make legally sound recommendations regarding legal and compliance issues.
- Attend to contract reviews
- Manage and maintain the contracts register
- Report monthly on status of the contracts and attend to renewals and terminations thereof
- Attend to all applicable licensing, approvals and consents required from regulatory authorities
- Handle company licensing function and ensure that all licences are up to date, and that renewals are submitted timeously
- Proactively monitor licence conditions and carry out relevant reporting thereto
- Liaise with regulatory bodies where necessary
- Draft advanced reports and correspondence to various third parties when necessary
- Confidently respond to queries and any investigations from external and internal parties
- Responsible for overall compliance advice to Management to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ability to assist with the implementation, compliance and monitoring with the Protection of Personal Information Act;
- Responsible for staying updated on the evolving best practices affecting the company and its underlying operations and provide guidance to the company on how to achieve and maintain compliance to relevant legislation, regulations and policies in plain language;
- Assist with the development of the Compliance Framework and Procedures as well as the monitoring mechanisms;
- Ensure that internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance of compliance with established company regulatory requirements, and that all external regulatory requirements are complied with;
- Recognize gaps in existing processes or arising from new regulations and ensure that the correct remedial action is put into place to close the gaps;
- Responsible for examining and researching risk areas across the business and mitigating identified risks ensuring full compliance with all applicable regulations, legislation, company policies and best practice.
- Review all critical business policies from a regulatory compliance perspective and make recommendations for improvement
- Assist with the design and development of an annual compliance monitoring plans
- Monitor developments in all compliance aspects affecting the company and its operations and conduct regular internal compliance monitoring audits
- Identify, investigate and report on issues identified and raised in compliance audits to ensure resolution and corrective actions taken
- Lead investigations and remediation promptly and effectively
- Track and assist with remedial actions following any compliance findings or breaches
- Recommend mitigation of risks and implementing remedial action
- Escalate any significant compliance issues to Management
- Assist with the preparation for independent compliance reviews and external audits.
- Ensure technical correctness of policy documents drafted through regular research and training
- Implement standards, policies and procedures to govern business compliance to applicable legislation
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful