We Want You:
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey in the realm of legal and compliance? If you’re passionate about ensuring that businesses meet their legislative, statutory, and governance obligations, then we have an incredible opportunity for you. BET Software is on the lookout for a Legal and Compliance Clerk to join our dynamic team and work closely with our Legal and Compliance Officer. In this role, you’ll play a vital part in maintaining the legal integrity of our company by assisting in the review of internal documents, contracts, and agreements, helping to ensure that we uphold the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. If you’re up for the challenge and eager to make your mark in the legal world, don’t hesitate – apply now!
- Diploma/Degree (Advantageous).
- 1-2 years experience in a Legal and Compliance role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Legal knowledge and a general understanding of applicable gambling legislation and regulations and Data Protection legislation and be able to stay updated on the changes thereto. (Preferred)
- Gambling board experience (Advantageous).
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct research when necessary, compile required reports and papers, and make legally sound recommendations regarding legal and compliance issues.
- Confidently respond to queries from internal parties.
- Assist with the development of the Compliance Framework and Procedures as well as the monitoring mechanisms.
- Assist with the design and development of compliance monitoring plans.
- Track and assist with remedial actions following any compliance findings or breaches.
- Escalate any significant compliance issues to Management.
- Ensure technical correctness of policy documents drafted through regular research and training.
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risk, supports change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.
- Maintenance and updating of document registers on SharePoint which is key to keeping document registers organised and valuable to the organisation.
- Issuing of ticket numbers on new legal document request.
- Communicating with regulatory stakeholders on queries and licensing related request and follow through (process).
- Following the ON process with Facilitating quotation request and engaging with business on payments.
- Coordinating Policy reviews therefore ensuring that policies are up-to-date, compliant with laws and regulations, and effectively implemented.
- Report monthly on status of the contracts and attend to renewals and terminations thereof.
- Handle company licensing function and ensure that all licenses are up to date, and that renewals are submitted timeously.
Living our spirit:
The job obligations of a Legal and Compliance Clerk go well beyond what is listed above. Ensuring that you are living and applying our fundamental company values in your day-to-day tasks is critical to the success of the department and BET Software as a whole. We have outlined how you will bring our core company values to life in your role below:
- Embrace responsibility willingly. Take ownership of your tasks, whether it’s reviewing compliance documents, ensuring legal compliance, or handling regulatory matters.
- Be responsible for your decisions and actions. Do not hesitate to alert your colleagues or superiors to a problem if you notice one.
- Be curious about your work and open to learning new things. Navigating complicated rules and unique scenarios is a common task associated to the legal and compliance role.
- Be true to yourself and your values. In legal and compliance, authenticity is essential in building trust and credibility.
- Uphold ethical principles and integrity in all your actions. Stay true to your personal and professional ethics.
- Foster a collaborative environment by working effectively with colleagues and cross-functional teams. Recognise that legal and compliance issues often require collective effort.
- Treat challenges as opportunities for growth. Learn from setbacks and use them as stepping stones to future achievements.
- Legal and compliance landscapes are constantly evolving. Embrace change as an opportunity for growth and adaptation.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.