We Want You:
Are you a detail-oriented pro ready to tackle financial and operational risks? Join BET Software as an Internal Auditor and carry out audit assignments, collaborating with Finance and Business Intelligence teams. Recommend controls, ensure compliance, and contribute to risk management. Your commitment to corporate policies, ethical standards, and our Risk Management Framework will drive our success. Apply now and be part of our dynamic team.
- Completed auditing-related degree.
- 2-4 years of internal audit experience.
- Advanced Excel and computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Own transport and flexibility to travel.
- 1-3 years experience in the gambling/IT industry – advantageous
What You’ll Do:
- Document and setup of internal control processes.
- Complete initial risk assessment and rating of risk.
- Execute test of controls.
- Document the outcome of test of controls and relevant findings.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and rate the residual risk accordingly.
- Identify gaps in process and related controls.
- Preparation of standard operating procedure documents which must be adhered to and followed across the business.
- Maintenance of the audit Masterfile, with consistent follow-ups on shortages and approved write-offs.
- Formulate recommendations, improvement areas were necessary.
- Address review queries timeously and accurately.
- Complete audit tasks and projects as allocated by the Financial Manager or other member of Senior Management within the set timeframes and deadlines.
- Apply sampling on the methodology and consult with the Financial Manager when necessary/in doubt.
- Extrapolate errors identified in testing against the population as and when needed.
- Take ownership and accountability for allocated internal audits.
- Thoroughly and timely reviews findings and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Ensure that auditable transactions, processes, activities, and control systems are compliant with legislation, business policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with team members across multiple divisions and departments.
- Work closely with the Group Internal Audit department to achieve consistency across audit procedures.
- Prepare related internal audit reporting for the audit area or related audit project.
- Attends to adhoc tasks and projects as allocated from time to time.
- Reviewing and reporting.
- Prepare related reporting for the audit area or related audit project.
- Address Manager queries on the report timeously.
- Identify gaps or opportunities for improvement with audit policies, procedures, and processes.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies including applicable internal controls.
- Remain up to date with procedure updates and related laws, regulations related to the overall group.
- Preparation of an internal audit report to be presented to the Risk and Finance Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with operational procedure enhancement across the business processes.
- Adhere to the principles of an ethical, honest, transparent, fair work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with team members from various teams within the organisation.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself, and the onus is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with manager.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
Compliance, risk, and quality
- Creating, maintaining, and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Risk Management Framework.
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and affiliated professional standards.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked to work/templates/workbooks/financial models/recons/audits – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Promote declaration all conflicts of interest upfront.
- Promote a culture of confidentiality within the business with regards to the protection of personal information.
- Promote the Code of Ethics (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality and Competence).
- Ensure all personal information of employees, customers and suppliers and other stakeholders is not shared and is maintained in a secure environment.
- Stay updated with changes in the relevant industry and changes to relevant Acts/Regulations.
Embracing BET Essence:
- We Put Our Hands Up: Take initiative in identifying internal auditor tasks and challenges that need attention. Find innovative ways to streamline processes and make tasks more efficient. Volunteer for new projects and responsibilities for your own growth and that of the business.
- We Dare to Be Ourselves: Authencity – be true to yourself in your interactions and engagement with all team members.
- Every day is an Adventure: Adaptability – embrace change with a positive attitude. Approach new challenges as opportunities for growth and learning.
- Teamwork makes the Dream Work: Collaborate, help and support the various stakeholders both internal and external.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.