We Want You:
We are looking for an Intermediate Database Administrator and we cannot contain our excitement. As our Intermediate Database Administrator, we would be trusting you to manage the upkeep and security precautions for the company’s databases. We’re constantly on high alert! By monitoring and maintaining malware protection software, you should be able to keep an eye out for any shady or dodgy activity to prevent security lapses.
Like your favourite uncle with the cold room keys, you’ll organize databases and create account information that only authorized users will access, enabling them to quickly find crucial information.
- Completed BSc Computer Science or National Diploma in IT.
- Solid time management and communication skills are essential.
- Experience in designing/optimising MSSQL Databases.
- 3-5 years of experience in a commercial environment.
- 3+years’ experience in MSSQL-all aspects.
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills.
- Optimisation and fine-tuning of all aspects of MSSQL.
- Ensuring high database availability competencies.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure database design is robust, scalable and operating optimally.
- Rollback and Disaster recovery management.
- Work towards a long-term data warehousing solution based on SQL server 2016 Enterprise.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Drive the adoption of processes within the Team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses, processing times, effective resource utilisation during operation, and that the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity for requirements to be met.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Create and manage database reports, visualisations and dashboards.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary, work after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the Team and to the wider group.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify Team Members requiring specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the Team Members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify that the knowledge has been imparted successfully, and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in the transfer of the knowledge.
- Provide technical guidance to the Team through collaboration sessions and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.