We Want You:
BET Software is looking for an Intermediate Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of cloud-native business applications operating on orchestrated container platforms, running in a hybrid cloud environment. The successful All-Star will be responsible for designing and managing the cloud-based systems for our company, as well as collaborate with our Teams to identify optimal solutions, modify systems, and ensure they meet needs. If you can also deploy, debug, and execute initiatives, leveraging relevant certifications and troubleshooting skills, then we want to meet you.
- A degree in Computer Science, business or a closely related area (BS in CS or EE, or the equivalent) or the relevant experience.
- The ability to make decisions to technically resolve business requirements.
- A minimum of 1+ years hands-on experience supporting Cloud technologies and Linux systems including:
- Container technologies – Docker, Podman, Crio, Containerd
- Container orchestration – Kubernetes, Openshift
- Storage technologies – block, object, etc
- Integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (advantageous).
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (advantageous).
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) (advantageous).
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) (advantageous).
- Programming fundamentals in any language.
- An understanding of Linux troubleshooting and permission SELinux.
- The ability to ensure customer needs are a top priority.
- The ability to communicate clearly and set the right expectations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with our customers, to understand, capture, and deliver against their requirements.
- Work with the Operator Framework.
- Have an interest in diving into OpenShift and ODF (OpenShift Data Foundation).
- Work with your fellow engineers and the community to serve our customers.
- Support the requests of the Production and Development Teams to solve any problems related to the container platforms.
- Work with seniors to develop and oversee the backup, replication and disaster recovery strategies.
- Maintain documentation for procedures, configurations and programs.
- Ensure systems adhere to NIST and departmental standards.
- Develop automation scripts using Ansible or the equivalent.
- Maintain software repositories and apply software updates.
- Install, configure and maintain OpenShift environment.
- Maintain and/or monitor (i.e. Prometheus) the health of the systems through both automated and manual processes.
- Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc).
- Cloud computing in general (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc).
- Understand OS and Application-level issues, and advise on the next steps.
- Under the direction of the Senior Cloud Engineer, as Intermediate Cloud Engineer, you must be able to define clear communication standards and acceptable expectations with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate applicable understanding of RedHat OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Understand infrastructure as code and the typical toolchains for implementing and maintaining these practices.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.