We Want You:
BET Software is looking for an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer who will work within the Integration and Delivery organisation of Infrastructure Engineering. The successful All-Star will be responsible for build, deployment, and automated testing engineering. As Infrastructure DevOps Engineer, you will also be tasked with working across multiple projects, assisting various Project Teams with their build and deployment processes.
- A BSc in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, a BCom Business Information Systems (BIS) degree, or a very high-quality technikon diploma.
- 2 + years of working experience in Information Technology or a similar role.
- Extension knowledge, creating automation code and the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2 + years of experience with the following technologies:
- Strong GET (source control)
- Ansible (CHEF, Puppet)
- Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet or any other IaC or declarative configuration tooling
What You’ll Do:
- Build automation code using CICD Terraform, Ruby primary tools, Jenkins, Bitbucket,
- Group operating as a shared service; helping groups adopt automation.
- Utilise open-source tools; CICD pieces as continuous testing and building security into the DevOps pipeline.
- Build out a wide array of project-specific and reusable components, as infrastructure is created in both AWS and Azure.
- Drive the adoption of automation from installing middleware On-Prem to building out entire stacks in AWS and Azure.
- Work across multiple projects in flight and with changing priorities as part of a relatively small, focused Team.
- Have strong experience using Git, including an excellent understanding of branching, merging, and the Pull Request process (we use BitBucket).
- Adhere to the quality standards of coding, ensuring that clean, quality code is written.
- Act as a mentor and upskill relevant Team Members which will also contribute towards the growth and development of the department.
- Review the code of peers ensuring that standard code quality is met.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note only Team Members who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.