We Want You:
We are searching for a technical mastermind, an expert communicator and a natural leader. Head of Software Development, do you have what it takes to develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for software development in a fast-paced industry? Can you lead and manage the software development process, as well as guide talented Teams to deliver software, and architecture that meets the needs of customers while positioning us ahead of our competitors? Then we have an incredible opportunity for you.
At BET Software, you’ll work with a dynamic and diverse leadership Team to implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development to drive consistent standards and approaches throughout our Teams. You will work across the Software Development Life Cycle ensuring that our Team are using the latest and best technologies to keep our solutions at the forefront of the sports betting and gaming industry.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing Software Development Teams and Team Leads.
- At least 10 years in a technical role within the IT Software Development industry.
- Degree/diploma in IT or related certification.
- Innovative and strategic mindset, open to building resources and investigating new technologies fit for business.
- Experience ensuring timely project delivery.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Reporting skills at executive management and board level.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to the Team.
- Ensure development standards and SDLC is adhered to by the Team.
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Teams are consistent with technological and business needs for current and future services.
- Manage the design, delivery and continuous improvement of IT solutions across the organisation in support of increasing the organisation’s levels of automation and innovation.
- Partner with individual operational departments to provide technical solutions to business requirements, manage expectations and ensure the delivered solution is fit for purpose and is delivered on time, based on provided deadlines.
- Utilise a variety of the technical tools that are provided to ensure maximum effectiveness of IT solutions. These tools will be based on industry best practices.
- Be a leader that sets the standard and expectations through example in his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity and character. Must be an inspiration to others and set a level of coding standards that need to be a benchmark for others to follow.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully develop, adapt and deliver software solutions utilising skills in software design, program design & development using the latest software development methodologies. Effectively document these solutions for maintenance and hand these over for support.
- Take full responsibility of tasks and projects assigned and make the necessary corrections to bring these projects into alignment with business expectations.
- Lead discussions in the adoption of new technologies and be part of a committee dedicated to the continuous improvement of internal coding standards.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are completely aware of the effectiveness of the solution and are trained in the correct use of the delivered software.
- Create and maintain a positive and professional environment conducive to software development and mentoring.
- Report on software project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date on progress and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Willingness to work overtime to ensure the delivery of projects assigned and communicate effectively when timelines are in danger of not being met.
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate Developers by periodically reviewing checked in code to ensure that the standards expected are met and the logic within the code base is sound.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.