We Want You:
Ready to revolutionise the world of software development? BET Software is searching for a skilled DevOps Engineer 2 to join our innovative team. In this pivotal role, you’ll delve deep into the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), acting as the linchpin between Development, IT Operations, and Quality Assurance. DevOps, as an extension of agile and continuous delivery, plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of our business. As a DevOps Engineer 2, your expertise will be instrumental in implementing reliable software delivery processes, utilising core DevOps tools to craft digital and CI/CD pipelines. Beyond that, you’ll take on the role of a mentor, guiding junior engineers and collaborating with Seniors and Technical Leads to deliver top-notch DevOps solutions across BET Software. If you’re ready to leave your mark on the future of software excellence, apply now and be part of our transformative journey!
- Diploma/Degree in IT or working experience in an IT related field.
- Minimum of 2 years in an IT related field.
- Previous software development skills advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of the SLDC and management of software projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Resilience and capability to be forward thinking and learning.
What You’ll Do:
Deployments and Responsibilities:
- Implement CI/CD solutions using most appropriate approved patterns.
- Implement CI/CD solutions for single and multi-tier architectures.
- Be actively involved with roll-back/forward procedures.
- Planning preparation and participation:
- Act based on your understanding/findings to reduce the possibility of failure.
- Understand the CI/CD requirements for all projects by attending project planning meetings when required or taking all other reasonable steps to explain and help teams visualise the end-to-end flow of software, through DevOps.
- Help teams get a better understanding of the steps involved to get CI/CD done which in turns brings value to the customer.
- Share operational needs and development forecasts to allow for accurate planning of projects in a timely manner.
- Working with project managers and developers to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner.
- Be actively involved with roll-back/forward decision making.
- Share successful patterns for building applications/services and deployments across teams and/or products.
Implementation of Solutions:
- Understand and implement containerisation of the OS and libraries that encompass the entire runtime environment.
- Understand and implement running applications in a virtualised environment (Windows Server, Linux VMs).
- Ensure solution has a High Usability factor, is reliable and maintainable.
- Understanding emerging technologies and methodologies such as microservices, and when to implement them.
Planning Preparation and Participation:
- Planning preparation – gather business system requirements.
- Identify all dependencies, including those which may not be immediately apparent.
- Act based on understanding/findings to reduce the possibility of failure.
- Planning – participate in Project Planning.
- Acquire all the skills needed to use and deploy:
- Server Virtualisation
- Provide and share diagrams of your:
- Infrastructure as code
- Document the CI/CD process as well as the server setup
Support Testing and Verification:
- Ensure the project management team and management team are informed of potential risks due to unfixed defects or fixed defects.
- Assist developers in practising high-quality/velocity methodologies such as test-driven development (TDD).
- Ensure that each change is built and verified by means of tests and verifications that would quickly detect any integration errors.
- Perform monitoring and configuration.
- Deploy all new applications/solutions/modules.
- Perform upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
- Ensure that all modules are ready for production based on specific procedures.
- Perform monitoring, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the implemented solution.
- Recommend tools and techniques that will enable high-velocity delivery of applications.
Use Tools and Technologies:
- Display a thorough understanding of DevOps key concepts.
- Display knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Identify new tools which would improve the overall effectiveness of DevOps.
- Use tools to increase the overall development velocity and code quality.
- Adapts to change and is open to new ideas and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Able to handle pressure and can effectively adjust plans to meet changing needs/demands.
- Changes his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstances.
- Adapts behaviour to maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Accepts changes to tasks, plans and procedures in order to align with the strategic direction of the organisation and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others.
- Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
- Considers short- and long-term implications of the decision.
- Able to logically defend and explain judgements and decisions.
- Takes steps to accurately define the problem before seeking a solution.
- Bases decisions and evaluations on a careful and systematic review of relevant facts and information.
Resourceful and Improving:
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunities to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only Team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.