We Want You:
Our Development Team has a spot for a Database Administrator Technical Lead. You will report to the Team Lead, and work in close collaboration, planning, designing, and executing technical solutions and improvements within the respective software development Team. We consider you the technical expert, with a strong understanding of technology systems, architecture, data structures and data sources.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a commercial environment utilizing a high transaction database.
- 5+ years’ experience in MSSQL-all aspects.
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting SQL skills.
- Experience in designing/optimizing MSSQL Databases.
- Proven experience in mentoring of other DBAs.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other dbas/developers, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce down time and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third party attacks; data protection etc).
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilization during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution which covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner which supports modification for future dbas thereby reducing the numbers of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day to day operational activities to improve performance of products and systems.
- Identify team members requiring a specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in transfer of the knowledge.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.