We Want You:
BET Software is on the hunt for a dynamic individual to take charge as our Database Administrator Team Lead. Picture yourself as the captain of an elite data-crunching squad, leading them through the trenches of complex product and system development projects, across a range of mind-boggling technologies. It’s like being the maestro of a symphony orchestra, but instead of violins, you’ll be conducting a Team of talented DBAs.
Your mission will be to plan, coordinate, and conquer every stage of the project lifecycle. You’ll team up with our Project Managers and various stakeholders, coordinating efforts with the precision of a synchronised swimmer. But, that’s not all! As the Team Lead, you’ll also have the superpower of mentoring and coaching your fellow Team Members, helping them grow their careers. If you’re seeking a Team where your database skills can shine bright and your sense of humour is just as valuable, then you’ve come to the right place. So, tighten your cape, polish your SQL skills, and prepare to lead our Team to legendary victories!
- Relevant IT qualification (a diploma or degree).
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a commercial environment utilising a high transaction database.
- 7+ years of experience in MSSQL-all aspects.
- Experience with CockroachDB (advantageous)
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting SQL skills.
- Experience in designing/optimising MSSQL Databases.
- Proven experience in mentoring other DBAs.
- Proven experience in project leadership.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine project requirements and develop work schedules for the Team.
- Delegate tasks and achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaise with Team Members, management, and other stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time and in full.
- Proactively identify risks and form contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Analyse existing operations and schedule training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Motivate the Team and create a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Be transparent with the Team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Write progress reports and deliver presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage issues with appropriate urgency, this includes resolution and communication with stakeholders in conjunction with the support/post-deployment process.
- Implement new processes and procedures to streamline operations.
- Maintain a technical understanding of all database systems used at BET Software.
- Align objectives and activities to the broader strategic needs of the Team and organisation.
- Customer orientation – be responsible for creating a customer-oriented attitude within the Team whilst identifying and understanding the needs of all customers and managing their expectations.
- Align with other Teams as required, to achieve objectives.
- Provide consistent, clear and regular communication with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Integrate the Team, department processes and procedures effectively with company-wide process and procedures.
- Manage direct and indirect reports (i.e. seconded Team Members).
- Ensure that the Team is aligned with the company’s strategy and working towards achieving this strategy.
- Ensure the Team is appropriately resourced, and Team Members are equipped with the requisite skills required for both current and future projects.
- Develop a training and career development plan for each Team Member.
- Collaboratively work with Team Members to set performance goals and measures.
- Conduct regular performance discussions with Team Members to facilitate a culture of growth.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching as required.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment of new Team Members when necessary.
- Oversee all aspects of the Team by facilitating and resolving issues through effective problem-solving and communication skills.
- Maintain a current and future skills matrix for your Team.
- Create a culture for Team Members that is aligned with BET Software values.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.