We Want You:
If you don’t mind digging through data to locate gems of knowledge to optimise and improve business growth, this one is for you, “Oh Wise One”.
We want someone with an insatiable and in-depth curiosity who can turn information into action. If you’re a critical thinker and someone who does not accept information at face value, come take your seat on an All-Star Team!
As a Business Intelligence Engineer 2 you will be responsible for researching and analysing company data to support statistical analysis by the business. You should be able to interpret and explain the data in a way that can be easily evaluated. We will trust you with implementing and maintaining systems used to collect and analyse business intelligence data.
- Degree or diploma in IT or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL).
- Experience in end-user report development.
- Experience with data staging (ETL) components.
- Ability to support and update existing products. Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Identify and resolve data reporting issues.
- Ability to create efficient T-SQL objects and processes according to spec (databases, tables, stored procedures, business rules and functions).
- Experience in T-SQL query optimization, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL framework.
- Communicate with various departmental team members to understand the business requirements.
- Knowledge of the Kimball data warehouse lifecycle.
- Relevant Microsoft SQL certifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensures the Design, development and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using Microsoft BI stack – MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Responsible for the Creation of Stored procedures, dashboards, reports and ETL processes.
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Collaborates with BI Analysts to understand customer needs.
- Analyses business and functional requirements and translates these requirements.
- Ensure all BI related incidents or service requests are resolved effectively.
- Responsible for Collecting, analysing and sharing data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results.
- Ensures the Utilization of database and web application technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automated reports.
- Designs, develops and tests BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards.
- Performs data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems.
- Enhances the performance of business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and indexes.
- Troubleshoots reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies in conjunction with the sites for data models and/or reports.
- Maintains the quality of Metadata Repository by adding, modifying, and deleting data.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.