We Want You:
Can you take the helm of our Software Business Intelligence Delivery Teams and steer them towards strategic success? Step into the role of BI & Data Manager at BET Software. Collaborate closely with leads to masterfully manage software development projects, influencing product development and spearheading change initiatives. Pioneer BI and Data standards, processes, and best practices, ensuring the delivery of scalable, high-quality software. Drive innovation by introducing cutting-edge technologies and processes, showcasing your leadership prowess across business verticals. Seize the opportunity to oversee the development, organisation, and security of data systems, ensuring effective and timely data management. Ready to lead the way in data excellence? Apply now and become a key player in our dynamic team!
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing software development Teams and B.I Teams.
- At least 3 -5 years’ experience working in a high transactional environment.
- At least 8 years of experience using SQL (T-SQL, Spark, SQL Reporting Services, etc).
- At least 6 years in a technical role within the IT software development industry.
- Prior experience ensuring timely project delivery.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to the development team.
- Experience in the creation of ETL pipelines.
- Experience in Python or any other object-orientated language (C#, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Ensure development standards and processes are maintained.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Reporting skills at the Senior Management level.
- Prior stakeholder and team lead management.
What You’ll Do:
Strategy, objectives, and execution
- Create, agree and execute software road maps and operational strategies for projects coming into the business in collaboration with respective team members through proper documentation, communication, and execution.
- Build effective customer-centric relationships through measurements of performance and usage and engagement and involvement with customers by creating clear visibility through strategies and roadmaps.
- Sets and achieves efficient delivery objectives of their teams by ensuring individual and team strategy with clear and measurable objectives that align with organisational goals.
- Hold team accountable through road maps and individual performance contracts through consistent communication of delivery milestones.
- Development of longer-term strategic thinking incorporating demand forecasting for a product or future projects.
- Utilisation of data metrics in order to make data-driven decisions. Identify patterns, relationships, and problems in data and statistical sets.
- Identifies and responds to situation/organisational/market requirements by creating a culture of innovation and opportunity identification by the team.
- Ability to clearly communicate data analysis findings to company executives and make recommendations.
- Facilitates Change Management due to changing situational requirements e.g., restructuring changes or adoption of new technologies.
- Supports and aligns standards across BET by allocating agreed commitments to strategy/ roadmap communication and implementation.
- Evaluate the performance of data systems and seek ways to enhance them.
- Implement procedures related to the secure and efficient handling and sharing of data.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards and laws. Create, revise, and enforce data management policies.
- Maintains product(s) knowledge as well as general product knowledge by being able to represent your product strategy in detail.
- Ensure the established procedures and processes are accurately documented, communicated, implemented, and agreed with product and/or project teams.
- Acts as escalation point for issues and ensures effective communication and resolution activities are in place.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with both internal and external key stakeholders at senior level to manage day to day issues, escalations, and expectations.
- Ensure all operational communication with customers/partners are documented and effectively circulated to stakeholders making use of collaborative tools.
- Engage with executive members or equivalent at customers/partners to ensure collaboration at all levels.
- Engage with the wider business and if needed hold strategic knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintain and facilitate strategic stakeholder and communication analysis.
- Ensure that the team members are equipped with the requisite skills for both current and future projects facilitating a career and training development plan for each team member.
- Provide and facilitate mentoring and coaching by driving knowledge sharing.
- Creates a culture that is aligned to the platform ‘’Be a good citizen’’ mantra, where respect, openness, and integrity are the foundation for a culture that cultivates, creates, and executes our vision.
- Succession planning and key man reliance – ensuring the right people are in the right roles and being developed accordingly, ensuring business continuity through minimising key man reliance.
- Talent acquisition, ensuring that we are committed to hiring the best quality people for optimal achievement of results.
- Ensure business continuity through minimising key man reliance.
- Adapts to change and is open to new ideas and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Able to handle pressure and can effectively adjust plans to meet changing needs/demands.
- Changes his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstances.
- Adapts behaviour to maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Accepts changes to tasks, plans, and procedures in order to align with the strategic direction of the organisation and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others.
- Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
- Considers short- and long-term implications of the decision.
- Able to logically defend and explain judgements and decisions.
- Takes steps to accurately define the problem before seeking a solution.
- Bases decisions and evaluations on a careful and systematic review of relevant facts and information.
- Collaboratively works with the leads to set performance goals and measures.
- Ensures performance measures are clear, measurable, and achievable.
- Ensures consistency of expectations across teams.
- Gives regular structured feedback to teams and seconded members.
- Ensure that the team members are equipped with the requisite skill sets required for both current and future projects by developing a training and career development plan.
- Maintain a current and future skill matrix.
- Have training and development plans in place and ensure execution of the plan.
- Encourage and build a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Create a culture for teams that are aligned to the platforms and BET values.
Resourceful and improving
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunities to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.
Living our spirit:
- Actively drives a culture that encourages innovation and drives BI leaders to embrace change and become change agents.
Drives a culture of open communication and collaboration not only within the BI team but across the business.
- Drives a service-driven culture whereby serving other Team Members and other teams
- becomes second nature within the BI Team.
- Actively promotes authenticity and drives the spirit of diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging within the team.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.