We Want You:
Join BET Software’s dynamic team as a Business Intelligence Architect! Take the helm in steering the technical aspects of BI projects, ensuring top-notch software implementation. As our BI Architect, innovation and knowledge-sharing are your forte, guiding our team to excellence. Your role is pivotal, aligning BI solutions with business goals and unlocking valuable insights through effective data analysis. If you’re a technical expert with a strong understanding of technology, systems architecture, data structures, and data sources, apply now and be a key player in our exciting journey!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the technical lead role.
- Experience in end-user report development.
- Proven ETL experience using SSIS.
- Hands-on experience in designing, prepping, configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining complete BI Solutions.
- Identify and resolve data reporting issues.
- Ability to create efficient T-SQL objects and processes according to spec (databases, tables, stored procedures, business rules, and functions).
- Advanced experience in T-SQL query optimisation, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing, and ETL framework.
- Advanced knowledge of the Kimball data warehouse lifecycle.
- Expert data warehousing experience using fact tables, dimensions, and indexing.
- Experience in table partitioning and efficient data migration.
- Expert experience in creating and maintaining multidimensional cubes using SSAS.
- Relevant management certification may be required.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organisational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
What You’ll Do:
Data Architecture and Design
- Design and define the overall architecture of the BI system, including data models, data flows, and integration points.
- Develop and maintain a structured data warehouse that facilitates efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked-in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Implement and configure BI Tools for reporting, visualisation, and analytics.
- Oversee the management of databases, ensuring optimal performance, security, and scalability.
- Implement data governance policies and standards to maintain data quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce downtime and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third-party attacks; data protection etc).
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team that consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilisation during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
- Design and implement ETL processes to extract data from various sources, transform it into a suitable format, and load it into the data warehouse.
- Ensure data integration and transformation processes align with business requirements.
- Create and maintain data models that represent the relationships and structures of the organisations data.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their reporting and analysis needs and translate them into effective data models.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support teams to reduce development support load.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its faults and provide reports before a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner that supports modification for future developers thereby reducing the number of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
Security and Performance Optimisation
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution that covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Optimise the performance of BI solutions, including query optimisation, indexing, and data partitioning.
- Implement security measures to protect sensitive business data.
- Define and enforce access controls, ensuring that users have appropriate levels of access to data.
- Conduct regular maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability and efficiency of the BI Infrastructure.
Initiative and Innovation
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies in the field.
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and the company bottom line.
- Technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary work after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
Show foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring, and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the Team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day-to-day operational activities to improve performance of products and systems.
Ensure techniques, technologies, tools, and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify team members requiring a specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in the transfer of the knowledge.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.