Software’s Programmer Thursday Competition
All you need to know about BET Software’s Programmer Thursday Competition
- Competition overview
- The competition is conducted by BET Software and will be carried out between September 2021 and December 2021.
- It will comprise of 4/5 social media posts (depending on the number of weeks in that month) which will be published every Thursday across Facebook and
- Each social media post will comprise of a specific programmer/developer “problem” which will need to be solved Participants that meet all the requirements and answer the weekly challenge correctly will go into a draw for the monthly grand prize (see paragraph 4) at the end of the applicable month.
- No late entries will be
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the participant agrees to abide by these terms. Any contravention of the rules may lead to disqualification from the competition. This competition is subject to change without notice.
By entering into this competition it is deemed that participants have acknowledged and accepted the following terms and conditions:
2. Entry rules and Eligibility
- The competition will run from 9 September 2021 to 23 December
- Starting from 9th September 2021 (and thereafter on every consecutive Thursday), a social media post will be shared which will comprise of a specific programmer/developer “problem” to be
- Participants will have one week to submit their entries for each challenge which will close on each Wednesday at
- In addition to correctly solving the programmer/developer problem, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Like our Facebook and Instagram pages
- Tag 2 or more friends on Facebook (who must be developers)
- Share our post on social media – Facebook and Instagram
- Watch between 6-8 hours of Pluralsight videos
- The competition is free and open to anyone who would like to
- Participants can enter all challenges posted for the month but cannot enter the same challenge more than
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged in transmission. Entries reflected on BET Software’s records will be the only validation source and treated as the only evidence of successful entries.
3. Competition judging
- BET Software will appoint the adjudicator(s) to judge the competition
- Judging will be based entirely on the evidence submitted by the participant and on the criteria outlined in paragraph 2
- All decisions made by the adjudicator(s) will be final and
4. Competition prizes
- All correct entries that meet all the criteria specified above and are received by the last Wednesday of the applicable month will be considered for the monthly grand prizes listed below:
- September – PlayStation or X-box games to the value of R1 200;
- October – Gaming keyboard & mouse to the value of R2 000;
- November – Headset / Headphones to the value of R3 500;
- December – Playstation5 or X-box series X console to the value of R12
- Winners will be announced on social
- Delivery or collection of the prizes will be arranged directly with each Proof of address and identity may be required.
- BET Software reserves the right to vary, amend or supplement the prizes at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach itself to the organization as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any
- Under no circumstances will prizes awarded be transferable or exchangeable for
- Should BET Software be unable to contact a winning participant or be unable to confirm their eligibility to a prize then BET Software may, at their discretion, determine the participant to be ineligible for the prize concerned and instead select the next placed participant as a replacement prize winner in the
- BET Software cannot be held responsible for incorrect participant details that may result in Prizes not being
- BET Software and its authorised agents reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes which have not already been won, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without In such event, participant waive any rights or expectations, which they may have against BET Software or its authorised agents and acknowledge that they will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against BET Software or its authorised agents.
- Participants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, BET Software must collect and use personal information about participants for the purposes of the This competition is conducted under the terms of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and applicable privacy statements.
- Any personal information relating to the winner or any other participant will be used solely in accordance with the POPIA and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participants prior
- The participant agrees and accepts that by taking part in this competition they are consenting to their personal information being shared with BET Software’s employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotional
- By entering the competition, winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity, subject to the winner’s right to decline participation in any such promotional activities.
By entering the competition, participating in and/or accepting any prize, the participants expressly agree to the following indemnifications:
- to indemnify, release and hold harmless BET Software including its subsidiaries, associate companies and affiliates, its directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors (the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injury and losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result from their participation in the competition and related events and activities, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of
- The participant accepts that the Indemnified Parties will not be responsible for any costs, damage or otherwise, howsoever incurred by the winner subsequent to claiming the
- BET Software reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without
- This competition is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or
- BET Software is willing to investigate any complaints to ensure that its high standards are However, its decision is final, and it shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the competition and/or the awarding of the prizes.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South