We Want You:
Be part of an exciting Team, designing and building robust and secure websites at the forefront of worldwide technology. We are looking for a Website Developer that will work hand in hand with the creatives in Marketing Team as well as the diehard techies in the Software Development Team, delivering content solutions on a global scale.
Our coding champ would form part of the Marketing Website Team that creates an engaging and interactive user experience for our clients. With a vast tech stack, you will be responsible for converting plans and briefs to market-leading ‘out the box’ online platforms, developing solutions that encompass customer management, product modelling, ordering, billing as well as integration to back-end and third-party network services.
We are looking for candidates who have a real passion for technology, who are constantly exploring, learning and improving their skills whilst growing their tech stack
- At least 2 years working in a development environment or 3 years in a digital marketing environment
- IT Diploma/Degree: Computer Engineering, Software Programming or related
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with digital marketing and software tools: – WordPress, Joomla, PHP, HTML, WIX (essential)
- Experience with WordPress Plugin development
- Understanding of the SDLC and key website design principles & SEO.
- Proven exposure in delivering responsive designs and being able to apply UI/UX best practices to optimise layouts for mobile
- Strong MS and Google Analytic skills
- Experience using debugging tools
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the solution is accessible and can be used by people with the widest range of characteristics, capabilities, cultures and languages where appropriate
- Design, implementation and management of websites. Establish and guide website architecture so that websites are attractive and user-friendly.
- Translation of UI/UX design frameworks to actual code in order to define how the application looks and works.
- Work with stakeholders to establish the needs, content and strategy for website development.
- Understanding of aesthetics (element arrangements e.g. colour & fonts).
- Design and implementation of new features and functionalities.
- Writing website code in relevant development languages, building reusable code for future use.
- Maintenance of the balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Producing, maintaining and modification of websites and User Interfaces.
- Incorporating graphics, audio and visuals into the website based on the project, stakeholder requirements and brand perspective
- Creating tools that enhance the user’s website experience, compiling user journey experience analyses.
- Ensuring websites created and modified are accessible and user-friendly across platforms, working together with mobile and android Teams when necessary.
- Routine tests to ensure websites are user friendly (ensuring speed, effectiveness, scalability and quality are always met).
- Maintenance and repair of any website issues or bugs that may arise.
- Ensuring the continuous collaboration with Marketing Team to ensure brand consistency is always met.
- Maintaining efficiencies between graphic design and technical implementation.
- Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and best practices.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage projects.
- Managing the website back-end including database and server integrations.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues and plugins.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.