BET Software is one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our multiskilled All-Star Team is responsible for providing ground-breaking software solutions on a global scale, while supporting high transactional volumes in a fast-paced industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and culture that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently, on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint, establishing BET Software as a leader in global markets. Interested? There’s a lot we can’t predict in this business, but one thing is certain: you’ll never be bored…so come along for the ride.
We are looking for Website Developers. The Website Development Team of BET Software would work closely with the Marketing and Software Development Team, delivering website and content solutions on a global basis. BET Software provides a reliable, stable, scalable, robust, secure and continually evolving high volume transaction systems using processes which are controlled, effective and efficient. BET’s responsibility is to develop, deliver and support applications, in which data is received from or rapidly made available to users of the system/s with as high degree of integrity as possible.
- At least 1 year working in a development environment or 3 years in a digital marketing environment.
- IT Diploma/Degree: Computer Engineering, Software Programming or related.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing and software tools: – WordPress, Joomla, PHP, HTML, WIX.
- Understanding of the SDLC and key website design principles, SEO Principles & SEO optimization.
- Proven exposure delivering responsive designs and be able to with UI/UX to optimise layouts for mobile.
- Strong MS and Google Analytic skills.
- Experience using debugging tools.
- Work with stakeholders to establish the needs, content and strategy for website development.
- Understanding of aesthetics (element arrangements e.g.: colour, font)
- Designing of and implementation of new features and functionality.
- Writing website code with Development languages, building reusable code for future use.
- Maintaining the balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Producing, maintaining and modification of websites and User Interfaces.
- Incorporating graphics, audio, visual into website based on the project, stakeholder needs and brand perspective.
- Creating tools that enhance the user’s website experience, completing analysis on experience from the user.
- Ensuring websites created and modified are accessible and user friendly across platforms, working together with mobile and android Teams when necessary.
- Routine tests to ensure websites are user friendly (Ensuring speed, effectiveness, scalability and quality is always met)
- Maintenance and repair for any website issues or bugs that may arise.
- Ensuring the continuous collaboration with Marketing Team to ensure brand consistency is always met, collaboration with copywriters and marketing teams to ensure content is accurate, updated regularly and that it follows a logical flow.
- Strong understanding of SEO principles for sites that are built to be optimised.
- Maintaining efficiencies between graphic designers and technical implementation, work with UI designers, UX specialists to translate wireframe and creative designs into functional and responsive components.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and technical capabilities.
- Excellent problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and show initiative.
- Strong organisational and presentation skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and resilience.
- Must be resourceful and show innovative approach to work.