Joining Betting Entertainment Technologies (Pty) Ltd, aka BET, the technical arm of the premier bookmaker, Hollywoodbets is an opportunity to become part of one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest technological success stories. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently, on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET as a leader in global markets. Consider coming along for the ride…you’ll never be bored.
BET is seeking a Technical Lead, the purpose of the Technical Lead is to plan, design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements within the respective software development team. The Technical Lead is a technical expert with a strong understanding of technology, systems architecture, data structures and data sources.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- A background in Development in a commercial environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in software project delivery and managing a team.
- Provide technical leadership to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked-in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce time and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third party attacks; data protection etc)
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team that consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilization during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
Quality of Software Implementation
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the team to align to these.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution that covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support teams to reduce development support load.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner that supports modification for future developers thereby reducing the numbers of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
Initiative and Innovation
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and company bottom line.
- Technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring, and implementing new knowledge and skills both within the team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day-to-day operational activities to improve the performance of products and systems.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools, and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify team members requiring specific knowledge, skill, or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in the transfer of the knowledge.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong levels of adaptability and decision-making capabilities.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful)
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving capability.