We Want You:
We are on the search for a Junior Systems Engineer who can develop and oversee all aspects of complex IT systems while identifying and resolving issues detected. The successful systems pro will join our awesome All-Star Team, managing the systems and infrastructure within our organisation.
Your primary responsibilities will be to manage systems and infrastructure in a company – including installing and configuring systems, ensuring infrastructure availability, collaborating with IT staff, finding ways to increase system efficiency. The successful candidate will need to show proven hands on experience troubleshooting and supporting a complex hybrid environment as all support, maintenance and troubleshooting will happen on live mission critical systems operating 24 x 7 x 365.
- Relevant Diploma/Degree in Information Technology.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- 18 months of experience writing scripts.
- Working experience with Asterisk and Avaya Enterprise VoIP services.
- Extensive experience/exposure and knowledge of IP networking and protocols.
- Exposure to EMC SAN’s, Dell SAN’s, HP SAN’s and RecoverPoint.
- Writing queries in MSSQL 2012+ using SSMS.
- Scripting using Perl, TCL language, Python.
- Internationally recognised Microsoft Qualification.
Nice to have:
- Linux+ or equivalent course.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Microsoft Server.
- Microsoft Azure.
What You’ll Do:
- Administration of the Windows/Linux network, including all servers, desktops and laptops.
- Maintenance of the Windows Server, Group Policy, Active Directory, Exchange.
- Maintenance of all software installations.
- Managing Office 365 SaaS environment, Microsoft Azure AD and Azure subscriptions.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity recommendation.
- Timely installation of patches, updates, and service packs following patch audit assessments.
- Setting up / configuring / administration of NMS system(s), e.g. Nagios, NetFlow, Cacti.
- Installation / maintenance / troubleshooting CCTV solutions.
- Working experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24×7 environments.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Ensuring the operational health of the SharePoint online environment.
- Administration, support and configuration of MS Office O365 for staff.
- Maintenance of additional complementary functionality for customer subsites.
- Administer and support enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Exchange-related issues when alerted by monitoring software.
- Providing end-user support for all PC-based hardware, applications and services.
- New user setup. Installing, configuring workstations, software, telephone services and network printing.
- Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot OS, network and storage-related issues.
- Operational Security, Maintenance and Governance.
- Perform software upgrades and patches (bios, firmware upgrades, etc.).
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility.
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis to include Audit Log Reports evaluation on systems.
- Work closely with the Senior Engineers to make sure all systems are secure.
- Exposure to managing backup solutions / optimise current processes as the company grows.
- Assist where required with Microsoft SAM audit.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, Kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.