We Want You:
We have a role for a modern-day carpenter. An SQL Database Administrator Developer that will be tasked with implementing and maintaining data models with the goal of improving data reliability and quality, ensuring scalable data pipelines are working smoothly. Our successful All-Star will embrace the company’s culture that allows them to push boundaries and achieve the best.
- Completed BSc Computer Science or National Diploma in IT (required)
- Computer literate
- Experience in designing/optimising MSSQL Databases
- 5 – 7 Years’ experience in a commercial environment
- 5+ Years’ experience in MSSQL-all aspects
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills
- Optimisation and fine-tuning all aspects of MSSQL
- Ensuring high database availability competencies.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure database design is robust, scalable and operating optimally.
- Ensure Store Procedures are optimised.
- Write stored procedures/views etc.
- Rollback and disaster recovery management.
- Ensure high DB availability as this has a public-facing web front end.
- Be involved with planning meetings, documentation and testing.
- Work towards a long-term data warehousing solution based on SQL server 2016 Enterprise.
- Support and update existing products.
- Solid time management and communication skills are essential.
- Good understanding of big data manipulation methodology.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.