As a Software Development Engineer 2, the successful incumbent will be responsible for developing, delivering and supporting applications, in which data is received from or rapidly made available to users of the system/s with as high degree of integrity as possible. The Software Development Team of BET delivers betting solutions on a global basis. BET provides a reliable, stable, scalable, robust, secure and continually evolving high volume transaction systems using processes which are controlled, effective and efficient.
- At least 3 years + experience within a development environment.
- Relevant Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- ITIL Foundation.
- SQL Experience.
- Experience in document stores such as Couchbase / Mongo.
- Experience in Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ / Kafka / Red Panda.
- Design fit for purpose solutions and algorithms.
- Perform planning.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution is functionally complete.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution performs efficiently.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution has a high usability factor.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution is reliable.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution has effective security.
- Implementation – Ensure the solution is maintainable.
- Verify deployed solutions.
- Respond to outages and failures.
- Direct 3rd party development partners.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.