We Want You:
We are on the search for a talented and determined Software Development Engineer 1 to be an integral part of our All-Star Team. This is a game-changing opportunity to learn and perform at your best, whilst shaping the future of technology while broadening your software development skills.
The successful incumbent will contribute to the success of delivering betting solutions on a global basis as the business continues to expand their global footprint. You will develop, deliver and support high transactional volume applications for systems using processes that are controlled, effective and efficient in an environment that supports personal growth!
- Minimum 1 years’ experience within a development environment.
- 1 year of database experience or 1 – 2 years of server/ client-side language.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
- Design solutions using the most appropriate, approved architectural pattern
- Design solutions for multi-tier architectures
- Ensure designs meet best practices and are test, DevOps and support friendly
- Identify and establish objectives for self
- Work on objectives or goals within the timeline
- Consider all reasonable factors, impediments and obstacles
- Identify potential alternative strategies and refactor approach for maximum benefit within the shortest possible time
- Deliver a complete solution that covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives
- Deliver a correct solution that provides the correct results with the needed degree of precision
- Deliver an appropriate solution that facilitates the accomplishments of specified tasks and objectives comprehensively yet excluding unnecessary steps
- Ensure checked code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound
- Deliver a solution in which throughput rates & response and processing times meet stated requirements
- Deliver a solution in which effective/efficient resource utilisation of system resources occurs during operation
- Deliver a solution that ensures the maximum operational capacity requirement is achieved or exceeded Ensure the user/s of the solution can achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction
- Ensure the solution protects the user against making errors
- Ensure the user interface is pleasing and presents a satisfying interaction for the user
- Ensure the solution is accessible and can be used by people with the widest range of characteristics, capabilities, cultures and languages where appropriate
- Ensure the solution performs appropriately under agreed conditions for extended periods of time without the need for intervention (despite potential attacks)
- Ensure all steps are taken to reduce the occurrence of faults due to misunderstood requirements, design errors, and implementation errors
- Respond to outages and failures when and where needed
- Improve fault tolerance even when operational conditions are not optimal
- Ensure the solution is maintainable, and actively seek methods to reduce downtime
- Ensure the solution is durable so that as user volumes and requirements change the solution can evolve over the long term
- Ensure the solution simplifies support and maintenance support through traceability, and effective error messaging
- Ensure the solution is secure, and confidential by protecting all information and data (also data transmission)
- Ensure persons or other solutions have the degree of access appropriate to their level of authorization and types
- Ensure the solution has high integrity where the solution prevents unauthorised access to, modification of computer programs, data or settings
- Ensure the solution has a high degree of survivability despite 3rd-Party interventions (attacks, human errors, hardware or software faults)
- Employ logs and records so that actions and events can be proven to have taken place, and cannot be disputed/ repudiated later
- Ensure wherever possible actions can be traced uniquely to the entity which performed it
- Ensure wherever possible the identity of an entity can be proved to be the correct one
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support Teams to reduce the development support burden
- Ensure the solution is delivered completely and with the additional assets which are required to make installation/deployment as seamless and easy as possible
- Ensure the adaptable solution delivered is appropriate for different or evolving hardware, software or other operational usage environments
- Provide proactive support to Team Members, Testing, Dev Support and Operational Teams so the number of escalations to the Development Team is reduced, thereby maximising development time
- Provide support to the Dev Support when required during operational events and create or assist with the creation of SOP’s
- Be available to handle emergency outages and failures for your or your Team’s solutions
- Perform troubleshooting and effectively resolve issues to increase solution stability and reduce intervention required over time
- Recommend and execute approved improvements to development methods and solutions
- Provide quick resolutions to app/system issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain solutions that have completed development and are in the operations phase
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation
- Assess risk and impact of production issues/changes and take appropriate steps to mitigate risk
- When required supply appropriate information, domain knowledge and access to partners
- Provide timely, relevant and constructive feedback to assist the partner to achieve success
- Take corrective action when deviation from the plan is observed
- Take all appropriate steps to ensure organisational success
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.