We Want You:
We are on a search for a Senior SQL Developer who can process a queue of table delete requests, for an asynchronous database, by popping, locking, and dropping it. A person that can walk into a bar and join two tables.
- 5-7 years experience in a commercial environment utilizing a high transaction database.
- 5+ years experience in MSSQL-all aspects.
- Advanced SQL skills and query writing skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting SQL skills.
- Experience in designing/optimizing MSSQL Databases.
- Proven experience in mentoring other DBAs.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure Database design is robust, scalable and operating optimally;
- Work with other Developers, Support and Production DBAs to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals;
- Actively contribute to planning meetings, documentation and testing;
- Determine, drive and document database policies, procedures and standards within BET;
- Set and maintain database standards including coding standards;
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents database artefacts;
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development;
- Responsible for completion of development projects;
- Works with support teams to investigate operational problems/system requirements;
- Develops business cases, requirements and performance metrics as necessary;
- Prepares detailed technical specifications documents;
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Develop processes for optimizing database security;
- Performance tuning of database systems and queries;
- Create automation for repeated database tasks;
- Be available for on-call support as needed;
- Proactively find and resolve long-running queries and other Database performance bottle-necks;
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies;
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and company bottom line;
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved;
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects;
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring and implementing new knowledge and skills both within a team and to the wider group;
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day to day operational activities to improve the performance of products and systems;
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools and processes used are in line with industry best practices;
- Identify team members requiring specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship;
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in the transfer of the knowledge;
- Provide technical guidance to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge sharing initiatives.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.