We Want You:
We are looking for an ambitious, intelligent and innovative developer to join our Team and build technology that will help us grow. The successful champ needs to have a passion for delivering high-quality products with a deep customer focus and understanding to create robust technical solutions. You will collaborate with a Team of backend developers and designers, building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
If you are a developer who enjoys seeing their work come to life, appreciates well-written code and are familiar with concepts like DRY, fail fast and SOLID, we want to get to know you a little better!
- 3+ years of commercial experience with React
- Solid knowledge of CSS, HTML, and other front-end languages
- Thorough understanding of React.JS and its core principles and frameworks
- State management experience with React Hooks & Redux
- Solid, working knowledge of writing unit tests (Jest, React-Testing Library).
- Strong understanding of the Unit Testing practice
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Nice To Have:
- Working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do
- Develop & maintain user-facing features using ReactJS.
- Make use of reusable components and front-end libraries for use across our platforms.
- Optimise components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices & browsers.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging code standards.
- Maintain and implement code and design standards.
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate React Developers.
- Adapts to change and is open to new ideas and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Able to handle pressure and can effectively adjust plans to meet changing needs/demands.
- Changes his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstances.
- Adapts behaviour to maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Accepts changes to tasks, plans and procedures in order to align with the strategic direction of the organisation and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others.
- Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
- Considers short and long-term implications of decisions.
- Able to logically defend and explain judgements and decisions.
- Takes steps to accurately define the problem before seeking a solution.
- Bases decisions and evaluations on a careful and systematic review of relevant facts and information.
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports the change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for an opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful