BET Software is seeking a Senior Business Analyst, The purpose of the role is to provide strategic business analysis services to business partners. The role serves as the liaison between the customer community and the technical development team. This person will be responsible for eliciting, analysing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
The successful incumbent will work closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify business needs, define projects, develop requirements and manage the development effort to completion.
- A Degree in business/IT/BA.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis.
- Extensive experience working on large scale projects, preferably in the IT industry as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Highly competent verbal and written communication skills.
Performing Business Analysis
- Lead requirements analysis, validation, and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements, using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task, and workflow analysis, and/or requirement workshops.
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate fluency in business processes and process differentiation.
- Analyse and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements documents, e.g. BRD, DFD, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT criteria, wireframes, flowcharts)
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and system process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction and share new knowledge.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project results.
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, Customers, technical staff)
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers, and others; identifying and initiating projects; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional innovation/creativity and the capability to develop and nurture.
- Strong research and attention to detail capabilities.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful)
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.