BET Software is one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our multiskilled All-Star Team is responsible for providing ground-breaking software solutions on a global scale, while supporting high transactional volumes in a fast-paced industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and culture that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently, on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint, establishing BET Software as a leader in global markets. Interested? There’s a lot we can’t predict in this business, but one thing is certain: you’ll never be bored…so come along for the ride.
BET Software is seeking a Senior BI Developer to join the Team based in Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal. This is an opportunity to design and build SQL based BI solutions. The Senior BI Developer role will strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses.
- Bachelor of Computer Science/BCOM / National Diploma in ICT.
- A minimum of 8 Years as a BI Developer.
- Hands-on experience with T-SQL, SSIS, DataWarehousing, SSAS and Power BI
Incumbent will be required
- Strong ability to design and implement reports to create and manage overall BI solutions.
- Ability to write stored procedures/views etc. and to take responsibility for the SSRS reports.
- Solid experience in BI Data Analytics/Data Modelling.
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL queries and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Work towards a long-term BI solution based on SQL server 2016 Enterprise including Power BI.
- Must be able to provide support on the report offerings.
- Ability to support and update existing products. Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Good understanding of big data manipulation methodology.
- Strong understanding of relational and multidimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong understanding of BI technologies (Power BI, MicroStrategy etc)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL framework.
- Be involved with planning meetings, documentation and testing.
- Communicate with various departmental team members to understand the business requirements.
- Build Maintain strong business relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly reporting with regards to any progress and/or updates.
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally for projects/events as and when required.
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects/tasks.
Skills and competencies:
- Detail: Showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over tasks and ability to identify irregularities
- Accountability: Follows through and delivers results in spite of obstacles. Admits to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition. Approaches own work with dedication and a high sense of responsibility.
- Planning: Establishing a clear course of action. Involving others as appropriate. Managing and prioritising activities and ensure monitoring of results to accomplish a specific goal.
- Problem-solving: Able to recognize and analyse a problem and/or a difficult situation and develop an appropriate and results-oriented course of action in alignment with legal constituents and requirements.
- Time Management: Optimal use of time to ensure maximum output and delivery as per required timeframes. Prioritise and anticipate timeframes. Identify possible delays in advance and plan accordingly.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.