Location: Durban (Head Offices)
We Want You:
We are on the lookout for a Senior Application Support Analyst who will be responsible for contributing to the design, testing, delivery and improvement of software applications. The successful candidate will assess problems and be on the lookout for the best possible solution for any problems.
- 3+ years of experience on an IT service desk.
- Preferred qualification in IT: Computer Engineering or Software Programming (Degree or Diploma).
- Minimum 1-year experience with databases
- Minimum 1-year server/client-side languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and technical capabilities.
- Excellent problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and show initiative.
- Strong organisational and resourceful capabilities.
- High levels of attention to detail and resilience.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the second point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, live chat, or email if this cannot be resolved by the first line of support.
- Ensure each individual complaint is properly dealt with, minimising financial and reputational damage.
- Holistically assess customer problems so areas of concern may be identified.
- Determine the best solution to the problem and the information provided by the customer.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Escalate an unresolved problem to the next level of support personnel immediately.
- Follow up on the escalation and ensure resolution.
- Ensure the customer is appropriately informed.
- Escalate when resolution does not occur within the agreed time.
- Manage the incident queue for escalation to the Dev Team where necessary, including triage and re-prioritisation.
- Respond to outages and failures when and where needed.
- Improve fault tolerance even when operational conditions are not optimal.
- Ensure the solution is maintainable, and actively seek methods to reduce downtime.
- Ensure the solution is durable so that as user volumes and requirements change the solution can evolve over the long term.
- Ensure the solution simplifies support and maintenance support through traceability, and effective error messaging.
- Ensure the solution is secure, and confidential by protecting all information and data (also data transmission)
- Ensure persons or other solutions have the degree of access appropriate to their level of authorisation and types.
- Provide support to Operational Teams and support the solutions being delivered.
- Ensure newly deployed solutions are closely monitored for an agreed period.
- Provide impact analysis for defects and roll-back events.
- Provide quick resolutions to app/system issues, driving stability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Maintain application systems that have completed development and are in the operations phase.
- Manage, maintain and support applications and their operating environments.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Assess risk and impact of production issues/changes and escalate to the business and Development Teams.
- Perform debugging on logs/databases/code.
- Modifies, and changes code to resolve issues.
- Adheres to development practices and guidelines.
- Performs appropriate risk analysis, testing, and validation before rolling out changes.
- Escalate to the next level when unable to resolve issues.
- Participate in retrospectives and identify work process/development improvements.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.