Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal
We Want You:
We’re growing, we’re expanding, and so will you as Regional Director, as you establish strategic goals, policies, and procedures, whilst facilitating growth through effective use of resources, capacity, and performance measurement. You will captain the ongoing expansion of the Software Development, Infrastructure, Network and Security Teams.
Operational activities, stakeholder engagement, supplier negotiation and forecasting business needs will be your field of expertise – ensuring that all Software Development and IT services are of the highest standard and that a quality control framework is developed and monitored.
- An appropriate qualification.
- Experience working within a Software Development environment.
- Experience in leading and managing product/project delivery.
- Minimum of 10 years in a management role with experience in a similar role.
- Excellent people and relationship management skills.
- Strong business acumen and in-depth market awareness.
- Proficient in business reporting.
- Must have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be innovative, proactive and a strategic thinker.
- Must be analytical, quality focused, results driven, and deadline orientated.
- Must portray a strong sense of accountability.
What You’ll Do:
Business Strategic Planning
- Establish overall direction and strategic initiatives for the development of gaming applications and products.
- Regularly assess business systems, products and services, business risks and ensure that they link into organisational and project strategies.
- Recruitment and resource planning to ensure growth of the business.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and authorities (e.g. GLI, Gambling Boards) and participate in compliance activities.
- Liaise with and manage external resources and suppliers.
- Manage the overall productivity of the relevant region and ensure that tasks/projects assigned are managed according to expected procedure and standard.
- Ensure effective collaboration with partner firms in other regions for seamless delivery of projects to clients.
- Ensure effective management of projects including planning (defining objectives, analysing business needs and liaising with departments, defining project requirements,) and the execution (management of resources with relation to cost, time and quality) and the implementation/closing of projects.
- Manage resources and ensure that projects are delivered within their scope, budget, on time, and to a high standard of quality.
- Obtain approved sign-offs accepting project scope and cost.
- Take full responsibility for tasks and projects and make necessary recommendations and improvements to ensure these projects are aligned to and deliver on the business expectation and strategy.
- Oversee the development, release, and maintenance of software applications in accordance with client’s needs.
- Manage the budget and resources for the region.
- Monitor actual results vs budgeted results and co-ordination of action plans to address declining trends/weak financial performance or weak productivity.
- Development of costing models to ensure project profitability and reporting is maintained.
- Proactively monitor budget and continuously identify ways of improving financial performance for the relevant region.
- Uphold company standards of excellence and service, guaranteeing quality performance.
- Review changes in legal and procedural requirements affecting the business or projects.
- Support the establishment and implementation of policies, procedures, control frameworks, objectives and goals for the various businesses and individual departments in the region.
- Continuously optimise by analysing information and business systems and make recommendations for improvement of processes and systems.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and control frameworks are aligned to meeting the business objectives and goals.
- Provide regular input on the continuous improvement of such frameworks.
- Be actively involved in creating effective software development performance measurement processes and tools to ensure maximum ROI for development project profitability.
- Be a leader that sets a high standard and expectation and who leads through example through his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity, and character.
- Communicate organisational and regional strategy and projects to Team Members.
- Co-ordinate, arrange and manage meetings with Team Members to ensure all areas of the workforce understand and meet performance expectations.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and co-operation among Team Members.
- Identify the developmental needs of the region and coach, mentor, or help Team Members to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provide direct management of key managers through continuous guidance, supervision, and mentorship.
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet current and future workforce requirements.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.