We Want You:
Our army of All-Stars is looking for a Quality Assurance Team Lead with Star Power! Bring excellent interpersonal and communications skills; and a keen eye for detail to a dynamic work environment. Our confident QA Team Lead will manage processes and Teams to conduct quality assurance testing within our software development environment. In this role, our successful QA Team Lead will develop effective and efficient methods, maintain documentation throughout the QA process, and communicate with development Teams to provide a reliable, consistent, and positive end-user experience.
Ever forging forward on various projects, as Team Lead, you will also be responsible for rigorous testing throughout the development process, identifying potential issues and reporting them back to development Teams. In some instances, you will also be responsible for developing and implementing fixes and improvements, working with the QA and with other Teams within BET Software to deploy updates and resolve issues that arise during the QA process.
- BSC Degree or equivalent.
- Relevant Testing certifications.
- + 5 years’ experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces.
- Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites.
- Experience managing our Team of QA Engineers.
- Experience in communicating with clients.
- Understanding of test-driven development.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices.
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes.
- Understanding of user interface design.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies.
- Familiarity with various defect management systems.
- Ability to communicate technical aspects to people with a non-IT background.
- Ability to act as a liaison between QA and our development Teams.
- Ability to ensure that solutions developed by technical teams fit the business needs.
- Ability to offer alternative approaches to achieve the client goals.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and manage all variables to achieve optimal solutions.
- Ability to act on the information provided or attain information required so that decisions for project implementations can be made quickly and effectively.
- Ability to motivate Teams.
- Ability to define and prioritise short-term and long-term objectives for the Teams and make necessary corrections under changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
What You’ll Do
- Develop QA processes and procedures including preparing documents that outline testing processes, generating use cases to ensure that testing captures the software or system’s functional requirements, and enacting test plans for new software products or updates to existing systems. Collaborate with Teams to update and optimise processes.
- Provide direction and manage the day-to-day activities of QA Team Members, including scheduling and management of ongoing projects. Conduct employee training and evaluation.
- Assess current testing needs and schedules and determine staffing needs to effectively conduct the testing. Oversee Team Members’ performance and output to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Play an active role in software testing, following the processes and procedures that have been developed. Testing new and updated systems for bugs and other issues.
- Support compatibility testing, develop and utilise software to capture performance data, and evaluate individual aspects of the software or system including user interfaces and functional requirements.
- Maintain detailed QA documentation related to the software or system to be used for future development work. Ensure that systems are adequately tested and that all use cases are accounted for.
- Develop, enact, and manage testing schedules, ensuring that the QA Team meets expectations and deadlines. Monitor Team activities to ensure that they meet schedules, specifically when multiple projects are in process at once.
- Coordinate bug fixes and software enhancements with development and engineering Teams. As required, resolve issues and conduct further testing to ensure stability and usability. Frequently report software and system issues to developers or engineers and test the next iteration of software to ensure that bugs have been eliminated.