BET Software is looking for a Project Manager to be based in Umhlanga, Durban. Responsible for the management of end-to-end delivery of medium to high complexity projects. To ensure that client objectives are clearly defined and that projects are delivered to time and quality. Working with business and development teams to define project goals and to establish the overall success criteria for projects. To provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software development life cycle. Involved in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business goals.
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Relevant Project Management Certifications.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Software Development Project Management.
- 2 – 3 years’ Project management methodologies.
- Sound experience in SDLC and Implementation.
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build, maintain strong business relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Reviewing changes in legal and procedural requirements affecting the business or projects.
- Validates product requirements and specifications with various departmental team members to understand the business requirements and facilitate handover to the development team.
- Analyse information and business systems to make recommendations for improvement of processes and systems.
- Co-ordinates, arranges and manages daily/weekly and monthly meetings with subordinates, management and business stakeholders as required.
- Accountable for project status reporting as defined in a Communication Plan or as required by the Business Unit.
- Accountable for proactively tracking the end-to-end project schedule and driving corrective action where required.
- Accountable for end-to-end project planning and a Project Management Plan – including plans for Scope, Communication, Risk & Issues, Cost and Stakeholder Management.
- Assist Team Lead in creating and updating of Team Capacity Plans.
- Assist Team lead in reviewing team backlogs and re-prioritization with stakeholders.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies such as PMI (Professional Management Institute) standards or similar.
- Proactively managing change – including Time, Cost and Scope changes.
- Tracking of project decisions made on the project.
- Assisting Business Units in getting any required benefits monitoring and reporting in place.
- Participates in all areas of the software development life cycle and provides technical support to other company personnel.
- Management of internal business process or systems/application development projects.
- Liaising and managing external resources and suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and processes are followed, participate in design control activities, monitor, evaluate and ensures the completion of tasks and projects.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Communicate any project risk and issues including timing, budget, resources, scope and more to IT management.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Development Manager on enterprise projects.
- Communication with various departmental team members to understand the business requirements.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of Team.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and show initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.