BET Software is one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa, providing ground-breaking software on a global scale, while supporting incredibly large transactional volumes in a fast-paced industry. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET Software as a leader in global markets. Interested? There’s a lot we can’t predict in this business, but one thing is certain: you’ll never be bored.
BET Software is seeking a Public Relations and Communications Specialist, This role is responsible for the development and execution of the Content, PR & media strategy across all channels in line with the overarching brand and marketing strategies. Responsible for facilitating and fostering key partnerships and sponsorships to leverage these across platforms.
- A relevant Diploma/Degree.
- 2 – 3 Years Media management experience.
- At least 3 – 4 years’ experience in Content, Public Relations and Communications.
- Strong writing skills (portfolio of evidence)
- Create a Content Marketing, PR & Media strategy for all channels (online & offline) and calendar, which is relevant across all platforms and mediums.
- Create a content style guide and ensure the linguistic content of all marketing activities are consistent, ensuring the brand tone is consist as well as ensuring grammar and spelling is correct (this also applies to business-to-business documents and speeches)
- Researching the target audience and our competition, and work with the brand & marketing manager to find core message and relate them to target audience/s.
- Conceptualising and writing high quality work across multiple platforms such as social media, website, online content, internal communications, recruitment marketing, print, outdoor, TV, activations, blogs in-store as required.
- Researching trends within content creation, communication, PR as well as the software, technology, and gambling industries.
- Generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals. To create persuasive writing to promote the sale of a business product or service. To integrate the copy with graphic images, music, and other visual and sound components.
- Assisting with brainstorming further strategies to grow the brand’s reputation in the public eye and helping to create a positive impression of the company to the outside world.
- Creating reports on BET’s reputation in the public eye and reporting to management.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
- Ability to work across a range of media and formats (print, digital, audio, video)
- Checking that our content complies with regulations and legislation.
- Interpret briefs into slogans, catchphrases, and effective content.
- Building a media database.
- Liaising with and building relationships, with key media personnel & members of the media as identified by the PR strategy.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that all requirements are for P.R to be generated around a campaign, event/any relevant company news.
- Inviting media and hosting them at events, generating press releases about any company news.
- Creating video scripts and identifying visual story elements as well as video/print/online content.
- Updating and amending campaigns according to feedback.
- Generating internal communications including online and print documents.
- Drafting of speeches, MC scripts and presentations with the ability to write in varying tones and styles and adapt to the message and platform.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and opportunities are not missed.
- Working with the CSI Team to get media exposure for all CSI projects.
- Creating a strong brand when it comes to internal communication and recruitment of new candidates.
- Tracking and reporting on B.E.T. reputation within the media. Reporting in this regard.
- Provide support to the Brand and Marketing Team and assist with ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas.
- Resourceful and resilient capabilities.
- Mindful of client’s needs and the time and costs associated with what you will be delivering.
- Strong research and attention to detail capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.