Joining BET Software is an opportunity to become a part of one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest technological success stories, disrupting global markets with our vanguard software solutions. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently, on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint to establish BET as a leader in global markets. Consider coming along for the ride…you’ll never be bored.
As a Legal and Compliance Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for finding innovative ways to manage a complex set of processes, making processes more efficient and scalable, working to ensure the highest level of quality of operations and proactively minimise operational risk, developing efficient compliance systems and working with teams to implement these across the organisation. The challenge of the role is ensuring the constraints created by processes and loss of flexibility are managed and mitigated in a manner that keeps BET Software commercially agile, cost-effective and able to deliver at high velocity and provide the necessary change management to teams when appropriate business-driven change is required.
Externally, the Legal and Compliance Manager will collaborate with local and international certification boards, regulators and partners to identify pain points and gaps in existing policy, frameworks and solutions. Internally, the successful candidate will collaborate across commercial business units, development management and the development teams themselves to implement changes needed.
- A Degree/Diploma in relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a compliance role.
- Advanced MS Office experience (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent.
- Certified Change Management Professional or equivalent.
- MBA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years gambling experience/exposure, preferrably sports betting.
- A minimum of 5 years working with software development teams.
- Design and develop a commercial roadmap to ensure our solutions are compliant and meet the legal frameworks for multiple local and international jurisdictions.
- Review proposed commercial features, and solutions to ensure legal and commercial fit if implemented.
- Research and provide recommendations for features implemented by competitors, allowing for patent laws and regulations.
- Propose changes and updates to increase alignment with legal requirements.
- Maintain a database of requirements and related solutions.
- Proactively monitor local and international licence conditions, to formulate development roadmap.
- Drive end-to-end process/workflow design and new system implementation, collaborating with business, development, project management and support operations teams.
- Design reporting and perform analyses to drive effective process improvement, eliminate mistakes and provide quick fixes.
- Responsible for ensuring software compliance on all matters pertaining to compliance to markets.
- Identify and call attention to compliance and reputational risks through assurance audits, consulting, and solutions management activity. Improve the effectiveness of BET’s governance, risk management, and internal control activities.
- Communicate with and educate process owners effectively on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of audits.
- Review audit procedures, results, and recommendations. Perform risk assessments, prioritise initiatives, and determine resource needs.
- Compile and submit the essential documents and reports to the respective boards, within the reporting timeframes.
- Draft, invite feedback, review and finalise various applications/agreements as necessary.
- Monitor and liaise with relevant teams to ensure renewals to the respective authorities are submitted on time and with the relevant documentation.
- Investigate allegations of non-compliance and respond suitably to the regulatory team/authorities.
- Act as intermediary for all communication with the respective regulatory team/authorities.
- Coordinate and facilitate regulatory team/authorities’ audits, respond to audit queries and prepare appropriate responses in respect of audit findings.
- Keep updated on legislative changes and inform team as needed.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback for performance development.
- Assist with recruitment by providing appropriate feedback when required.
- Present performance reports and metrics to management.
- Provide training gap analysis feedback to improve operational effectiveness of development teams.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying appropriate expertise and guidance on projects and systems.
- Perform research and compile required reports and papers.
- Collaborate with other divisions and departments to carry out BET’s goals and objectives.
- Compile board packs for board meetings, attend board meetings where necessary and prepare minutes.
- Draft reports and correspondence to various third parties.
- Keep updated on emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identify training needs and ensure training is developed and provided.
- Any other related duties that might be required.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong emotional intelligence and levels of adaptability.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful)
- Strong innovative and continual improvement outlook.
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving, results-driven, and presentation capabilities.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.