We Want You:
We are on a mission to find a specialist with a sharp eye that can find a needle in a haystack. Someone who knows how to match candidates with our culture and find candidates where no one else can. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, the successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the recruitment function to ensure that high calibre candidates are sourced, and vacancies are filled timeously. Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Line Management and suppliers.
You will have the opportunity to work in diverse areas of talent acquisition and talent management, handling various tasks from identifying, attracting, assessing, retaining and advancing internal and external talent. Developing new or creative recruitment solutions ensuring at all times that BET Software hires the best possible talent.
- 4-5 years of recruitment experience in an internal environment (I.T preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques.
- Strong MS toolkit working knowledge (Teams, Excel, Office)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong emotional intelligence and levels of adaptability;
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment;
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful);
- Strong innovative and continual improvement outlook;
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability;
- Excellent problem-solving, results-driven and presentation capabilities.
Nice To Have:
- Relevant HR or related qualification.
- Exposed to AI Search Engines or used AI Recruiting software: LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, GitHub, SeekOut, Amazing Hiring.
- Have Lexis Nexis or MIE data capturing experience and certification.
What You’ll Do:
- Follow the recruitment process as outlined, unless otherwise advised.
- Obtain recruitment pre-authorisation form signed off by management to proceed with the recruitment process.
- Draft internal and external advertisements for vacancies. Place adverts after signing off from the Talent Manager.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews against job spec and eliminate unsuitable candidates early on in the recruitment process. Collate and present CVs to the line manager for consideration.
- Coordinate/facilitate interviews. Coordinating diary times and scheduling interviews with relevant Line Managers and/or Talent Managers.
- Ensure competency-based interview questions are posed as part of the targeted selection process.
- Ensure that reference checks are completed for the final shortlisted candidate, as well as other formal checks (credit/fraud/identity/criminal/educational/driver’s license etc. where appropriate) and obtain a most recent payslip.
- Discuss a potential offer put forward by the line manager for the Talent Manager to consider.
- Draft offer letter for the candidate after the package has been approved.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data. Ensure that interview notes, guides and reference checks are uploaded onto the HRIS.
- Ensure that all candidates who do not meet the requirements are advised by way of rejection letters or emails. Ensure each candidate has received feedback regarding the outcome of the interview/ensure agencies receive feedback.
- Utilize the internet for recruitment by posting positions to appropriate Internet sources. Research new ways of advertising positions. Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates. Network with industry contacts, association memberships to source the best quality candidate. Aid Public Relations in establishing BET as a recognizable “Employer of Choice”.
- Maintaining a pool of readily available candidates. (Ensure continuous follow-ups are made)
- Formally start building a database of candidates that can be referred to.
- Coordinate psychometric assessments. Scheduling psychometric testing as and when required by the Talent Manager. Send brief to the candidate and invites in terms of sessions. Administer assessment sessions. Obtain informed consent and keep on file to submit with final employee file to HR.
- Providing daily reports and monthly reports, attending weekly recruitment reporting meetings on the status and turnaround times.
- Ensure all BET reports are updated efficiently daily.
- Strive to achieve monthly targets.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.