We Want You:
Calling all techies who can collaborate across functional lines to involve all business units.
We are on the search for a Project Management Office Lead with excellent organisational skills, who is articulate, attentive to detail, and commercially aware. Having a working knowledge of business processes and the capacity to effectively lead and delegate are also great skills to have in this role.
Your task is to oversee the efficient completion of business projects. To succeed in the business delivery sector, you will need to collaborate across portfolios. We would be putting our trust in you to meet deadlines, handle stakeholders, oversee Team productivity, and serve as the point of contact when problems arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant Project Management certifications PMP, Prince II, Scrum Master (required).
- 8+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 8+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- 2+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client/business and documentation.
- 4+ years of experience with a full product lifecycle, with an understanding of the development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- 4+ years in a leadership role, actively mentoring and guiding Team Members.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organisations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating Teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Research best practices within and outside the organisation to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project Team, sponsors, GM and key stakeholders.
- Skilled at being able to translate strategic and tactical plans for execution and implementation at an operational level.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationships with project and program stakeholders.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating Teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Ensure detailed project planning and time/cost estimations are prepared for all phases of the projects.
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes, by controlling costs and thinking in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Demonstrate functional and financial acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
- Effectively and efficiently manage project scope and changes within budget and for timeous delivery.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project and actively manage ongoing quality control through participation in quality issue resolution.
- Define the statement of work and specifications for the requested goods and services.
- Measure all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues, towards delivery.
- Set and continually manage project/program expectations and take necessary steps to mitigate risk impact, with Team Members and stakeholders.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program Team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Provide cost versus time versus benefit analysis to assist with decision-making.
- Establish techniques, technologies/tools, processes and partnerships used in line with industry best practices to increase productivity, quality and operational expectations, along with the inclusion of regular improvement-based techniques.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards, and when required, implement efficiencies actively.
- Proven success in providing on-site leadership for the project Team by building and motivating Team Members to meet project goals and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program Teams.
- Manage the Team to ensure PMO meets performance targets, through regular monitoring of Team performance against the key performance measures in place.
- Identify knowledge, skill or understanding that is required to improve performance and capability and action necessary steps to acquire it.
- Provide mentorship/coaching with the intent to impart knowledge and develop direct reports and ensure these filters throughout Team Members.
- Facilitate appropriate levels of change management due to changing situations/organisational /marketing requirements.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.