We Want You:
We are on the lookout for someone who is always on the lookout, a commando with proven hands-on experience in ‘shooting out trouble’…That’s you, Intermediate Systems Engineer! Our newest member of the All-Star Team will work with a diverse and multi-skilled Team with fellow like-minded individuals to resolve system issues, supporting all operating systems, applications and Microsoft Systems at intermediate to senior level of support.
As a Systems Engineer II you will provide Intermediate to Senior level assistance to our company customers. Your responsibilities will include resolving system issues, and supporting all operating systems, applications and Microsoft Systems at the intermediate to the senior level of support. You need to provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals. The successful candidate will need to show proven hands-on experience troubleshooting and supporting a complex hybrid environment as all support, maintenance and troubleshooting will happen on live mission-critical systems operating 24 x 7 x 365.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Information Technology.
- Internationally recognized Microsoft Certificate.
- Linux+ or equivalent course.
- 4+ years in a similar position with proven track record.
- Working experience with Asterisk and Avaya Enterprise VoIP services.
- 2+ years’ experience writing scripts.
- Extensive experience/exposure and knowledge of IP networking and protocols.
- Exposure to EMC SAN’s,Dell SAN’s,HP SAN’s and RecoverPoint.
- Writing queries in MSSQL 2012+ using SSMS.
- Scripting using Perl,TCL language, Python.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Microsoft Server.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Intensive troubleshooting knowledge.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-driven with an ability to work independently.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
What You’ll Do:
- Administration of the Windows/Linux network, including all servers and desktops and laptops.
- Maintenance of the Windows Server, Group Policy, Active Directory, Exchange.
- Maintenance of all software installations.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity recommendation.
- Timely installation of patches, updates, and service packs following patch audit assessments.
- Setting up / configuring / administration of NMS system(s), e.g. Nagios, NetFlow, Cacti.
- Installation / maintenance / troubleshooting CCTV solutions.
- Working experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24×7 environments.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Administration, support and configuration of MS Office O365 for staff.
- Maintenance of additional complementary functionality for customer sub sites.
- Administer and support at enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Exchange related issues when alerted by monitoring software.
- Providing end-user support for all PC based hardware, applications and services.
- New user setup. Installing, configuring workstations, software, telephone services, network printing.
- Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot OS, network and storage related issues.
- Operational Security, Maintenance and Governance.
- Perform software upgrades and patches (bios, firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility.
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis to include Audit Log Reports evaluation on systems.
- Work closely with the Senior Engineers to make sure all systems are secure.
- Extensive experience installing and maintaining VIP Payroll, VIP People and Pastel Evolution.
- Extensive exposure to managing backup solutions / optimize current processes as the company grows.
- Assist where required with Microsoft SAM audit.
- Management of McAfee End Point Protection Suite (EPO, DLP, Antivirus, Endpoint Encryption).
- Strong leadership and time management skills to train and support 1st and 2nd level Systems Engineers / 1st, 2nd and 3rd level IT Support Engineers.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, Kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.