BET Software is one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa, providing ground-breaking software on a global scale, while supporting incredibly large transactional volumes in a fast-paced industry. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions.
We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET Software as a leader in global markets. Interested? There’s a lot we can’t predict in this business, but one thing is certain: you’ll never be bored.
We are seeking a Information Security Engineer to manage and maintain our company’s enterprise security. The hired Team Member will be responsible for the security of the organisations computer systems, networks and ensuring that all platforms are protected. This role involves analysing existing security measures/controls and creating new and enhanced security measures. This role will also implement security measures that effectively safeguard sensitive data in the event of a cyber-attack, while monitoring security tools and handling support issues. They will also be required to have experience in managing, troubleshooting and supporting both office and datacentre security operations.
- IT Degree or related field.
- Min 2-5 Years as a Security Engineer.
- Information Security professional designations such as CEH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+.
- Endpoint Security.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience across a variety of security products including firewalls, EDR, SIEM, lAM, PAM, DLP, DAM, SOAR and encryption solutions.
- Good understanding and exposure to Information Security standards, architectures and models.
- Experience in creating new ways to solve existing production security issues and recommending security enhancements.
- Experience in Incident Response including the ability to document, any security threats, resolve technical faults and allocate resources to deliver real solutions.
- Experience working within a security operations centre responding to, and refining alerts.
- Strong technical skills should include Linux and Windows operating systems, exposure to scripting languages and Containers.
- Excellent attention to constantly monitor systems to ensure there are no external threats.
- Strong problem-solving skills in order to deal with threats in the environment.
- Configure Security Products.
- Report on Security Status and Implementation.
- Continuous Monitoring and Response.
- Improve Monitoring and Alerts.
- Container security.
- Patch Management.
- Mime Cast administration and reporting.
- Enterprise Knowledge and experience of Sophos End Point Protection Suite (EPO, DLP, Antivirus,
- Endpoint Encryption).
- Web Security Configuration and monitoring.
Skills and competencies:
- Must have a strong sense of customer focus.
- Ability to take accountability and entail great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills.
- Must be results driven.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Impressive planning, organizational and time management skills.